Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
morning
I have a Peugeot 407 sw currently having a power issue as when I try to accelerate it looses all power then goes steady until it builds power up again slowly.
looses speed going up hills then accelerates again once at the top
depollution light now come on topped up with 2ltrs but still has power issue now becoming more frequent any ideas guys.

changed oil filter no difference

·
Registered
4,784 Posts
i agree you need it on planet or diagbox to look at fault codes and live data
anti pollution fault is a generic message and could mean lots of things
you should aslo have a good read of the link posted above

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Great
any idea of cost or location of any one with planet that can diagnose the issue.
my location is Halifax or skelmersdale

·
Registered
4,784 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
it could be one of four things if it is a diesel:

1, try changing the fuel filter.

2, the 407 sw has an extra additive tank next to the fuel tank which adds additives into the fuel to clean the particular filter, if the level become low the filter cloggs up, but normally the warning states low additive, once filled, reset is required with diagbox etc.

3, if the car is run short distances then the cleaning is not enough to clean and the filter become clogged, running above 40mph for a long journey, will clean the filter.

4, after about 70000 miles the filter is required to be changed, or taken off and cleaned manually, to do this take off the section (particular filter and cat) split both parts, renew DPF or using a high powered jetwash, flush the old DPF the opposite way to the gasses flow through the DPF, refit with new gasket and clamps etc. and reset with diagbox.

Regards Steve

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
The system usually counts additive usage by the number of times the additive is injected into the tank by the dosage volume. It has no way of knowing if any fluid has been added except as Pink192 mentioned in his post...
once filled, reset is required with diagbox etc.
The additive counters need re-setting.

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
had diagnostic done today although i have topped up with 2 lt pat fluid the diagnostic says diesel additive not present can any body help with this as all this info means nothing to me and still no nearer to solving the problem
Re-read para 2 of Pink192s post re diagbox. The car has to be told that the additive has been refilled.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanks i am aware it needs resetting however the issue is the diagnostic says "diesel fuel additive module" ( absent ) so we cant reset it could there be any other issues as to why this is missing or a means of bypassing or fixing this issue mechanics is something new and i don't have a clue which way to go
thanks

·
Registered
4,784 Posts
It was me who did the diagnosis and I am aware of it can be set back to present but that would be no good if someone has smashed filter out or removed ecu, I said he needs to find more out and I would be happy to enable it and reset counter at no charge

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
The only thing that stands out to me is:
Amount of aditive in the tank 480ml
Low additive level reached Yes

However, that doesn't explain the poor performance. Any fault codes logged?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
had diagnostic done today although i have topped up with 2 lt pat fluid the diagnostic says diesel additive not present can any body help with this as all this info means nothing to me and still no nearer to solving the problem
what is high rail pressure

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
what is high rail pressure
Probably your MAIN reason for all your problems !!

If the pressure goes to high then the ecu will cut power for safety this would no doubt put the antipollution fault on.

Antipollution is not anything directly to do with the DPF

ITS ONLY TELLING YOU SOMETHING IS WRONG.

You need to find what is causing the high fuel pressure fault.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts