Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like some guidance please on a fault code that has shown up on my 2008 Citroen C5 2.2 Tourer. Over the weekend, whilst approaching a traffic island at slow speed, my car shut down completely - this has never happened before. I coasted over the island whilst restarting the engine and the car ran normally. Later that day an audible warning sounded, followed by depollution fault and a symbol. From what I can find out this is most likely due to the DP reservoir running low on fluid. It has never been topped up, as recommended at 80k miles and my car has done 100k.
The local garage I use says that they don't have the diagnostic equipment to do the job and the Citroen agents have told me that they will need to test it to check exactly for the fault, at a cost of £100 and this will take an hour.
I'm quite happy to pay for this work, but £100 for a 1 hour test seems steep and from what I have read online I'm worried that this may be just the start of several large bills. I'm also worried about the local dealers ability as previous experiences with them have not been very satisfactory.
If anyone can shed more light on this I'd be obliged and I live in Telford and I'm happy to pay a more reasonable amount to anyone that might have a Lexia nearby.
Thanks very much for any help.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for such a prompt response IanML. FDS look like a useful setup and I'll contact them.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Low fluid will not normally trigger the depollution fault [it will normally give a 'low fluid' warning], it is more likely to be something more serious to shut the car down, like the dpf filter being seriously blocked.

'Depollution' covers such a wide range of possible errors in citroen/peugeot cars, the only way to narrow it down is to scan it with the proper citroen tool and get live readouts and check the state of the dpf filter.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks very much WillNZ for your useful comment. I've travelled down to Malvern with a caravan in toe, no warning messages and the car never missed a beat. I will however take it in for a check over next week.

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
Depolution fault does not really mean anything to do with DPF or fluid level its just a generic warning that something is wrong petrol cars also display this when faulty they dont have DPF or fluid !!

Having said that if you have done 100k miles the fluid will be low but it depends on use if you run from full to empty before refueling then the fluid will last much longer than if you do £10 refills.

If you get it on planet or lexia since its a citroen then it can tell you how happy the DPF is how much fluid is left etc.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts