Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I recently got a peugeot 207 for £400. Its a 2008 car with 124K on the clock. When we got it we found the dephaser was turning on the engine warning light.

We have so far (I'm not a mechanic so sorry if this don't make sense)

Changed Both dephasers
Changed The spark plugs
General service - Oil change etc
Blew oil lines with compressed air - Apparently its common for build up.

The issues seemed to be solved for a few days but now the issue has return with the dephaser fault. When starting the car it will run smooth for maybe 20-30 second to which it will then drop the revs to the point its going to stall then put them back up and repeat. I really don't know what to do now but i am stuck.

207 1.6 Sport 120BHP - I think its a VVTi Engine - Registration = sy08 uev

Any ideas? I have read about software updates but i really don't have the money to spend taking it to Peugeot and spending hundreds. Any ideas?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
P0011 - Intake Camshaft dephaser
P*** Exhaust camshaft dephaser
P*** Break microswitch

I cant remember the other codes but that was definitely what was coming.

Also to note the timing chain is fine. Can't see any issues. The chain has no slack/play in it.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
tbh even though the chain looks or feels right, it can still be issue.

Was the car read with Peugeot diagnostics or generic code reader?

Know the thp model which is basically the same set up to a point that the p0011 code is listed as the dephaser but there are various other suspect areas that it can be.

It's never easy is it lol

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It was read on a generic garage one. Not Peugeot branded. Its a proper kit though, My dad works in a garage and he put it on that.

Dads been a mechanic for 30+ years and he is stumped also

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
with all respect, generic code readers even the real pricey ones don't always pick up every code and can't see into the faults journal which stores every little glitch.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
869 Posts
you changed dephasers? the solenoids or the cogs? as ads77 says the chain may still be the problem they can break their guides further down where you cant see, i would get the tensioner out see if it has any push behind it, it should push over 10kg.
When i had these kind of problems a new chain and tensioner sorted it the first time, second time was a random misfire on a dodgy coilpack

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
I agree with both above chain/timing issues cause all sorts of related issues and the faults read generally tend to be symptoms of the chain stretch rather than actually faulty.

I had 1 not long ago with 27k miles from new and it had dropped a valve seat causing all sorts of fault codes missfire etc and there was NOTHING wrong electrically it was purely down to the dropped valve seat causing issues with compression it got head rebuild and a new chain anyway to avoid having to do it again !

·
Registered
869 Posts
will add to this, may help someone.
had the same thing happen to me today, revs flying up/down and car stalled with no revs, also felt to be missing at low revs but ok up near 3000.
Car has been very flat at low revs but ok at 3000rpm but no warnings until today, p0014...here we go again i thought.
Luckily i had a spare budget solenoid valve in the shed, put it on and car is back to normal, revs more even than only pulling at 3000rpm
the old genuine one must of been sticking although only had 24k on it.
Not quite the problem of the OP but shows how it doesnt like the timing out.
1.6VTI

1 - 11 of 11 Posts