Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Adoo all fellow peugeot owners.

I've returned to the pug world after aquiring my old man's 56 Profoundo rouge (kkq paint code) 407 sw 2.0 HDI with 56k on the clock and a lovely motor it is too. Its had the usual faults done by me - fuel filler flap sensor, dual heating diverter flap repaired. Though there are still some faults that req attention. The particulate additive needs filling, the fuse (F12) responsible for the alarm, rain/headlamp sensor keeps popping and the rear tailgate glass switch dont work....apart from that the car is in very good condition...oh and today the nearside rear window regulator cable snapped so the window is being wedged shut with a piece of pallet wood, weve already repaired the other side...so apart from that the car is fine...i think haha.

I've been a peugeot owner twice beforw this one ive had 2 406's my first was a white P-reg 1.8 petrol lx (P634RAC) and the replacement for that was a 52-reg 406 2.0 HPI petrol executive (FP52RHJ) in black metallic with full black leather interior, beautiful car i loved it i only p/x it due to my other car i still own now a 1990 VW Taro monster truck...no one else has heard of a Taro neither its basically a mk3 Toyota Hilux built in Hannover they stuck vw badges on it, rarer than the hpi peugeot i owned, theres only 4 of these taros left in the uk. I'm using the pug as a daily for fuel economy and to keep the milage off the truck as its only done 64k.

So there we are thats me and my motors (not counting my very first car i built - a 1987 mini when i was 15 and finished when i was 17 i did the lot from teardown, welding, filler, spray and all mechanical work just in time to pass my test). I'm an electrician by trade but found myself doing welding and fabrication for my job as a maintenance engineer. I tinker about with my truck and pug in my free time as well as build computers, play xbox (probably too much lol), go to rock and metal gigs and generally bugger about with diy and such.

Hopefully there will be a thread already for my pugs ailments i can research on if i cant find owt i will start a thread (if you dont mind) and put in all the detail i can about the fault. Hopefully one day i'll have a dash display thats error free.

Thanks for your time to read this war and peace entry, apologies for that, i tend to write more than i should

·
Super Moderator
1,807 Posts
Wow, now that's an introduction! Welcome along! I'm afraid I'm gonna have to insist on a picture of this truck even if it's not a pug!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thankya all kindly its good to be back after all these years :) and still faults persist but what can I say im a fan of the Peugeot stuff I really am. After me mam n dad's 1991 405 GR estate that lasted forever and I adored that car when I was a kid, weird I know lol. I've always wanted one. But first I had to build my own car, my dad bought me a 1987 E-reg mini for £250 and said "make of it what you will or buy your own"...so I did on me pauper's apprentice wage of £2.50 an hour

it started out as a driver then after 2 hours teardown it looked like this :

then 3 years later...just in time I passed my test the following December 20th (I was 15 when I did the mini) and did the lot myself, from stripping it down, welding, fillering, spraying, engine out, engine in the absolute lot. As me dad said "if ya don't have a go, you wont know" I learnt a lot from that car...and from me dad prior to owning it as he did work on folk's cars when the pit shut, anyroad I ended up doing this...(the green is a colour match from the bullitt mustang - forest green metallic)

the one that got away...yeah that's the mini, all for a girl who couldn't walk as she had cereberal palsy and couldn't get her wheelchair in the boot, I know big hearted soft arse I am. Anyways im left with neither the girl, which I shant get into as ive already had the pavement cleaned with my face by folk with the wrong assumptions, weird I work in 3 year blocks but this was the result of my big hearted soft arse self....this followed the mini

and she was a minter, 32k on the clock. lovely motor just weren't powerful enough (1.8 petrol) so I upgraded...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
to this :

fully loaded mk2 406 2.0 petrol HPI. black on black full leather interior, I added the laguna front splitter and eventually rare as you like official Peugeot bolt on rear spoiler as well as the 17" wolfrace streetfigher alloys. I p/x this due to sparkplugs costing £50 a piece and having the timing belt done at a cost of £450, it was nearing 100k miles and fancied something ive always wanted...

A 1990 Volkswagen Taro, not to worry if ya aint heard of one, theres only 4 left in the uk at present. Ive had this for 9 years now and lets just say its gonna be a damn big hole when its time to bury me. Its done 64k miles and she's 27 years young ( Irish plates - county fermanagh). But with the fuel economy of a bucket with a 1" hole in the bottom and a very generous but poorly dad at the time (triple heart bypass) he gave me his motor :

Turns out this is my new daily driver, 2006 Peugeot 2.0 HDI SW. Its got its usual faults as ive listed, some ive mended so far like the dual climate control flap sheering the shaft in half. Its only done 54k and in great nick, the pic is after I colour sanded it and compound polished and waxed it, the "profound red" is a lovely colour even on the odd occasion it appears pink lol.

So there we are, rides past and present and finally an owner of a pug again...let the electrical gremlin fault finding commence, nah im being harsh its a nice motor just with a few "issues" :thumb:

·
Super Moderator
1,807 Posts
That's a cool truck (on Northern Irish plates thank you very much! :D). Parting with that mini would have broke my heart!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That's a cool truck (on Northern Irish plates thank you very much! :D). Parting with that mini would have broke my heart!
Thankya kindly mate, and again, my apologies lol. Geography aint my strong point. My world ends at the Staffordshire boarder. I felt like I fell off the edge of the world when I went to London to pick the truck up.

And yeah getting rid the mini did just that, I still have the ignition key y'know just in case. Biggest regret of my life so far. Still we live and learn and I still have a good 5 litre or so of that green left so another mini-bullitt can be done :thumb:

·
Super Moderator
1,807 Posts
Ah only joking mate. It's like my nova. Sitting in the garage mid restoration, probably spend more than it's worth, but my gran bought it 2yrs old with 14k on it, and I wouldn't sell it for 20 grand. As far as the northern ireland thing goes, no one understands if they aren't from here! But it'd be like me calling you Welsh! And no-one would want that, hey Beau?!?

Reactions: trem1
1 - 10 of 10 Posts