Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I have the sloppy indicator stalk problem that a lot of people mention is quite common... The auto-off feature from a right turn often indicates left...

The car in question is the 2003 307sw 2.0L HDi. (Does not have the trip computer - no button on the end of the wiper stalk)

I have read that there is a fix that you can apply yourself, by replacing the plunger in the stalk, and I have watched the vids on how to do the job and have found the part on ebay.

On the ebay listing for the replacement plunger it mentions that it's only suitable to repair the Comm 2000's manufactured by DAV, and not by Delphi.

How can I tell which one my car has without pulling the steering wheel off and taking the Comm2000 out? I've messaged the ebay seller, but no reply.

I'd really like to have the part ready to go in when I start pulling things apart, and don't want to get things apart only to find that I don't have the right part.

Is the sloppy stalk a problem specific with the DAV units, and as such almost certain that I have a DAV, or is there a part available to repair Delphi units with the same problem?

What's the general opinion on repairing these vrs replacing?

·
Registered
4,777 Posts
Hi All,

I have the sloppy indicator stalk problem that a lot of people mention is quite common... The auto-off feature from a right turn often indicates left...

The car in question is the 2003 307sw 2.0L HDi. (Does not have the trip computer - no button on the end of the wiper stalk)

I have read that there is a fix that you can apply yourself, by replacing the plunger in the stalk, and I have watched the vids on how to do the job and have found the part on ebay.

On the ebay listing for the replacement plunger it mentions that it's only suitable to repair the Comm 2000's manufactured by DAV, and not by Delphi.

How can I tell which one my car has without pulling the steering wheel off and taking the Comm2000 out? I've messaged the ebay seller, but no reply.

I'd really like to have the part ready to go in when I start pulling things apart, and don't want to get things apart only to find that I don't have the right part.

Is the sloppy stalk a problem specific with the DAV units, and as such almost certain that I have a DAV, or is there a part available to repair Delphi units with the same problem?

What's the general opinion on repairing these vrs replacing?
yours is dav, if you are a bit scared of fitting the part in question then i do offer a service to supply and fit the part with a 6 month warranty and return postage this is £27 my number is 07599587119

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yours is dav, if you are a bit scared of fitting the part in question then i do offer a service to supply and fit the part with a 6 month warranty and return postage this is £27 my number is 07599587119
Thanks trustme - I'm keen to have a go myself I think, but if it goes pear-shaped, I'll be in touch :thumb:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
just dont break anything as if you do it may cost more to fix (if i have parts) or it may be beyond repair, i have seen a good few beyond repair
Understand - I won't expect miracles repairing my "learning the hard way" :lol:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts