Peugeot Forums banner

201 - 220 of 238 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Picked up yesterday, 10 March.

Ordered 15 November, making it just over 16 weeks, which I don't think is abnormal... just quite a few weeks longer than expected. Anyway, now I have it :)

·
Registered
106 Posts
I have just been told my car leaves the factory on the 21st March and I can collect it on the 16th April.
I ordered it on the 16th January

·
Registered
172 Posts
I'm sick of getting no Information regarding our order. We ordered middle of November and still no word. I'm seriously thinking of cancelling the order and keeping what we have for a while to see what else comes into the market.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
I'm sick of getting no Information regarding our order. We ordered middle of November and still no word. I'm seriously thinking of cancelling the order and keeping what we have for a while to see what else comes into the market.
Hi Octy, stick with it for the time being . I think you should pressure your dealer and get arsey if you need to and if that don't work pressure Pug customer services. I would have thought there would be at least a build date by now.
Best place to do that will be on their Facebook page because others can see your discontent and they won't like that!:chase:

Grumpy

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
If you haven't been given a build date yet the car is still a few weeks from being ready for handover. There is information in an earlier thread about the number of weeks from ordering a new car you have the right to cancel without losing your deposit.

Have you tried writing to the CEO of Peugeot UK?, there is also information about this in earlier threads.

I was in a similar position a year ago and did just that! It didn't make delivery any sooner for me but at least I was given a bit more information about progress.

Perhaps your car has already been built and is on its way and no-one's bothered to check. One or two members have found this in the past.

Good luck.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Hi and thanks for the support.
As we have ordered through a broker, we don't have access to the dealership. Our broker has been chasing them for information but apparently had nothing back.
Since I last posted on this thread we have had a buyer for my wife's Carens and that will be lessing us next week. As things are we can manage without the 3008 for the next 3 weeks but then we really need to have the car. In our heart of hearts, we don't want anything else - we just want our 3008!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Customer Service????

Same sort of thing here. I placed my order on 12 Jan at the Ashford dealership and was told it would be ready in March. By mid Feb I had not heard anything so I called in. I was told that my car would be ready in late March or early April, and he added that it may be earlier as the backlog cleared, I called again on 13 March, again having heard nothing from the dealership. After some delay I was told the manager had said that my car was due to be built in late March, so I should not expect it until mid April. How he knew this remains a mystery!

Clearly I am being told anything to get rid of me. The customer service at the Ashford dealership is beyond belief. I will give them until late March and then demand to see the manager, and he won't enjoy the experience. Revenge is a dish best served cold.

I don't see any value in speaking to Peugeot UK Customer Services as that has no apparent effect.

·
Registered
172 Posts
*** UPDATE ***
We have finally given up on ever getting our 3008 so we went out today and we have bought a Mazda CX5 - it was in stock at the dealer and we are picking it up on Thursday. What a fanatic car - it doesn't have the wow factor of the Pug but the quality is up there with the Germans and what a great handling car - it really puts the 'Sport' into SUV!
We will cancel our order for the 3008 on Monday - makes me sad to have to do it but we can't wait forever for a car that we don't even know has been built yet.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Hi Octy,
I'm gutted for you, as you say you can't wait forever..
You should name and shame your agent on here so as to warn others and stay away.
You have fallen victim to one of the scourges in motor sales unfortunately :(
How these agents work is to gather hundreds of orders together then place an order with the manufacturer and thus getting really good discounts for the bulk order. How long the wait is will depend on how greedy the agent is to realise the best discounts.
I don't think for a minute Peugeot are not in conversation with your agent, I think they're just stalling hoping you won't go away.
I followed a Mazda CX5 down the road just yesterday and they look like a nice car. This one was red and quite a nice red too. Good luck with it:thumb:
I've not actually looked too close at them because a friend had a Mazda 6 and had a nightmare with it. That was quite a few years back mind.
Hope you'll still drop by here once in a while and throw a comment or two in.

Grumpy

·
Registered
172 Posts
I ordered the car through a broker and tbh, they have been really good trying to get information for me but have had nothing coming back. It is their supplier who has let us down and they won't divulge their name because they still! need to use them.
the mazda was the only petrol Sport Nav in stock in the UK and as it was at our local dealer it seemed like karma. Don't worry, I will come back here to catch up with you guys as, since I've been on here I've really enjoyed it.
Keep the faith, the 3008 is still the best designed suv on the market!

·
Registered
106 Posts
vin number now what can i do

I have been sent my vin no. and have logged in to my peugeot app and downloaded map updates . What else can i do with my vin number

·
Registered
10 Posts
Having been told my car was at sheerness 2 weeks ago and that it would be at the dealership by Easter. I have now been told by my dealer that it will be at the dealership by Sunday 15th April. They also promised it would be here this weekend having let me down at Easter. I wouldn’t mind but I allowed the dealership to register it for end of March for accounting purposes in return for a full tank of fuel!
To be fair the dealership are mortified and very apologetic.
I have emailed ceo and uk managing director complaining about their continual broken promises. I await a response from Peugeot customer services.

I have a v5 but no car :rolleyes:

·
Registered
331 Posts
Having been told my car was at sheerness 2 weeks ago and that it would be at the dealership by Easter. I have now been told by my dealer that it will be at the dealership by Sunday 15th April. They also promised it would be here this weekend having let me down at Easter. I wouldn’t mind but I allowed the dealership to register it for end of March for accounting purposes in return for a full tank of fuel!
To be fair the dealership are mortified and very apologetic.
I have emailed ceo and uk managing director complaining about their continual broken promises. I await a response from Peugeot customer services.

I have a v5 but no car :rolleyes:
I would be asking for a bit more that a full tank of fuel. Boot liner or possibly MudFlaps at least.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I would be asking for a bit more that a full tank of fuel. Boot liner or possibly MudFlaps at least.
As soon as I hear from Peugeot I will be asking for some kind of compensation for sure. Robins & Day Walton have said I am not the only one affected by this as they have ten others on order awaiting delivery also.

·
Registered
331 Posts
I have just been given a 'Build Date'of the 19th of April for my GT Line that was ordered on the 23rd of March. So hopefully I should be collecting it sometime in May which saves me the hassle of having my current car serviced and MOT'd. Happy Days.

·
Registered
64 Posts
The inconsistency is frustrating. Ordered Feb 11th, Allure with Pearlescent White Paint, black roof and the full leather seats pack. No build date yet and precious little by way of updates from the dealer.

·
Registered
331 Posts
The inconsistency is frustrating. Ordered Feb 11th, Allure with Pearlescent White Paint, black roof and the full leather seats pack. No build date yet and precious little by way of updates from the dealer.
Who is the dealer you are using. I ordered mine through our local Robins and Day.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
64 Posts
Who is the dealer you are using. I ordered mine through our local Robins and Day.

Perrys. I had the usual car dealer experience. All over me whilst sealing the deal. Nadda since then. Not impressed at all so far and makes me nervous about post-sales support and service. First time I've not bought BMW and wondering if I've done the right thing.

201 - 220 of 238 Posts