Peugeot Forums banner

181 - 200 of 238 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #181
Well I finally took delivery of my GT today, and I take back everything I said about not keeping it... it's absolutely bloody awesome!

The 150hp 2.0 wasn't really lacking but the 180hp version is a beast. No headroom issues with the pano roof (my main concern @ 6'3") and it really does make the cabin a lot brighter.

Loving the leather seats too, much more adjustment than the ones in my GT-Line dead easy to get a good driving position, good lumbar support, and most importantly really comfy.

It's been a journey from placing my first order in March, but I got a 5 month "test drive" in the GT line. Lots of highs and lows along the way but the GT has put the grin back on my face :D
Great to know that you are happy with the outcome, Norseman. I am more than happy with my GT Line and although things can always be better I can't fault myself with the choices I made when I placed my order. The pano roof is certainly a bonus. All the concerns about the headroom aren't really valid as, even with the 'manual' seat you can easily drop it a few inches to accommodate.

Thanks for all the input and again....glad you are satisfied. Enjoy, mate.
:lol:

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Well I finally took delivery of my GT today, and I take back everything I said about not keeping it... it's absolutely bloody awesome!

The 150hp 2.0 wasn't really lacking but the 180hp version is a beast. No headroom issues with the pano roof (my main concern @ 6'3") and it really does make the cabin a lot brighter.

Loving the leather seats too, much more adjustment than the ones in my GT-Line dead easy to get a good driving position, good lumbar support, and most importantly really comfy.

It's been a journey from placing my first order in March, but I got a 5 month "test drive" in the GT line. Lots of highs and lows along the way but the GT has put the grin back on my face :D
Welcome to GT ownership!

Most important though, is how you are finding the footrest/pedal and auto box combination?

I think you must be the only member who's gone from a GT Line to a GT. The extra standard fit bits and pieces are really great and I especially love the ACC.

However every 3008 I've seen looks just great and I continue to enjoy the ownership of my GT.

Reactions: Drover

·
Registered
113 Posts
It's like a completely different car Blue, plenty of room for my massive feet when there's only 2 pedals :)

·
Registered
43 Posts
I collected my car this afternoon and am a very happy bunny!

All of the updates were completed, everything in place and a welcome back whenever I wanted to pop in for a coffee. I've been really pleased with the experience of leasing a car from my dealership using their business manager, Suzanne.

I didn't anticipate quite how many options are available when customising the menus and icockpit, which feels a little daunting at first, but after a weekend of acquainting myself with it I'm sure it'll fit into place.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Me and my girl ordered our Allure in the end of August, and haven't received it yet. The dealer says its build and it's on its way. Fingers crossed that it comes before xmas!

We took the 1,2 petrol 130hp Allure
- Standard Seat (not a fan of the leather seats in the 3008)
- Keyless
- e-tailgate
- sunroof
- Highest stereo option (Focal)
- GPS
- Grip control
- Highest option seats (electric, massage and all that)

I think the only option left that we didn't take was full led and the wireless charging for phone.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Got a call from my dealer a week ago about my 3008 was built and was on it´s way to the ship.
ETA to Iceland on the 26th of december, so I asked to recieve it on the new year so it would be newly registered 2018.
Ordered it 31.august, so a 4 month waiting time, guess it´s getting the norm.

However now they have some deal with Costco and I might get more discount on the car :)

Allure Gris Artense with 180° camera, Grip Control and some other minor accessories.

·
Registered
14 Posts
A little update on my Costco deal.
Got a call from my dealer because I signed on the CostcoAuto thing.

When I ordered the car in august, they gave me a 5% discount ( around 1550 pounds) on the car and 10% discount on the accessories.

This Costco deal gives me extra 3% on the car, but I managed to squeeze out a free tow bar instead, that is close to another 1500 pounds.

So I´m happy with it, it was the only thing that was really missing from original offer, but I wasn´t ready to spend that money on it.
Could get a aftermarket one for lot less.
But now I get a original one for pretty much free :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Recent Orders and Delivery Timescales

Hello everyone. First post so please bear with me! I placed an order for a 3008 GT in ultimate red on the 6th January 2018. All the delivery information that I can find only refers to early to mid 2017. Has anyone got more recent information on timescale for a more recent order?

·
Registered
16 Posts
I ordered my 3008 GT at the tail end of November and didn't get any real build updates for the first month, so I would expect the same for yourself Ecco. It was first ordered for the 1st March pick up but got an email just before new year saying the delivery date was pushed out to the 31st March (hedging their bets me thinks?). A couple of weeks later I was notified that my car was on its way from the factory......:thumb:

I ordered a Magnetic blue one with Visio Park 2 and Grip control (for refrence) and it is the EAT6 speed box, I am now picking up the car a week tomorrow and cant wait.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hello everyone. First post so please bear with me! I placed an order for a 3008 GT in ultimate red on the 6th January 2018. All the delivery information that I can find only refers to early to mid 2017. Has anyone got more recent information on timescale for a more recent order?
I ordered my 3008 Allure 1.2 Petrol on 16 Jan 18. I spoke to my Peugeot dealer this morning and he tells me that delivery will be late March or perhaps early April. He then added that delivery may come forward a bit as earlier orders are processed. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
295 Posts
I ordered my 3008 Allure 1.2 Petrol on 16 Jan 17. I spoke to my Peugeot dealer this morning and he tells me that delivery will be late March or perhaps early April. He then added that delivery may come forward a bit as earlier orders are processed. :rolleyes:
Blimey...you've waited over a year already...I feel for you!!!!!!!

·
Registered
106 Posts
I ordered mine on 15th January expected mid April. It was originally 20th March but they updated me last week

·
Registered
172 Posts
Just been told by our broker delivery had been pushed back to week ending 18th March?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Just been told by our broker delivery had been pushed back to week ending 18th March?
When did you order?

I'm in a similar situation – ordered mid November 2017 and was told delivery would be end of January. Car was allegedly built first week of February with delivery due mid February. We agreed to postpone until 1 March for the '18 plates.

I chased things up earlier this week to be told "hopefully within the next week or two"... something just doesn't add up.

I'm not in any rush, but getting some reliable information would really help to instil some confidence in Peugeot.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I ordered mud November too. We wanted it for the new registration originally and were told it would be fine. I have no faith in peugeot after all I've read on here..

·
Registered
45 Posts
I ordered mud November too. We wanted it for the new registration originally and were told it would be fine. I have no faith in peugeot after all I've read on here..
I hear you. The guy I'm dealing with is really pleasant and is what makes it all bearable, but it seems to be a total farce behind the scenes.

If it's any consolation, I think it's the norm in the industry. Any manufacturer I or my family have ever had dealings with have been atrocious at some point.

Let me/us know when you have news... We may be in the same "batch"... I saw you've ordered pearl white like me, so maybe that's a reason.

·
Registered
172 Posts
When I ordered my Fiesta (through the same broker) I was told 12 weeks and it arrived in 9!
I work in a car factory (making luxury well known 4x4 cars) and the colour shouldn't make any difference whatsoever - they don't spray them in batches - they are sprayed individually - it's the industry norm. Good luck with yours and I'll post on here when I get a firm date.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Just an FYI that I had an e-mail from my dealer last week with an update.

In brief, deliveries are currently delayed between 7 and 12 days due to the bad weather we've had in the UK and in Europe - ferries delayed in departing Zeebrugge coupled with distribution delays for vehicles already in the UK due to last week's snow.

All pretty understandable, I think, and part of me is glad that I wasn't picking up a new car in that weather.

181 - 200 of 238 Posts