Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 238 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:announce: Email received today from my broker.....

"Good news, there is a forecast factory build date now showing on your order, it is due to be built in the last week of September at present. However please do be aware, if delays or production difficulties occur, this can fall back but I will check towards the end of September and update you.

Peugeot have informed me there have been some issues with supply of some parts on GT Lines. I have also had another two GT Line orders fall back slightly due to the hugely successful order volumes Peugeot have been experiencing.

As we approach nearer your scheduled build time, and I have confirmation that your vehicle has been built and is on its way to the UK, I will then be in a more confident position to let you know when the vehicle should be due with the dealership".

I hope this isn't another false dawn as I was told soon after my order, placed 20th July, that car would be "leaving" factory" on/around 7th August. It obviously didn't happen and this is the first positive sign that I will have it for 23rd October when I have a trip arranged. Strangely enough the salesman at the local dealer where I had my test drive forecasted October.

·
Registered
47 Posts
My build date supposed to be tomorrow, so on Monday I shall be on the phone to the dealer to confirm its built and to get the VIN No.!

·
Registered
3 Posts
1- 1.2 Petrol Allure - Ultimate Red - No extras
2- UK
3- 10/06/17
4- expected end of July
5- Delivered to dealer 13/09 collect week commencing 18/09

Update
July build changed to August

Update
August build changed to September

·
Registered
183 Posts
Update from me... the car was built.

"Good news, the car has been built any (sic) should leave the plant any day. I will track it's (sic) progress and let you know as it moves."

Yay!

And I have just chosen a registration number from a list of about 25 he provided yesterday evening.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Sorry, the most important bit for me - I also asked whether the checklist I'd shared contained anything scary for him and he confirmed no, not at all.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
2- UK
3- 10/06/17
4- expected end of July

Update

Update
Sounds ridiculous to me. Have you had any proper explanation as to why this is happening to you? Could you be the victim of the highly-reguarded engine or is it a colour problem (the car, not you :eek:)?

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
2- UK
3- 10/06/17
4- expected end of July

Update

Update
Update from me... the car was built.

"Good news, the car has been built any (sic) should leave the plant any day. I will track it's (sic) progress and let you know as it moves."

Yay!

And I have just chosen a registration number from a list of about 25 he provided yesterday evening.
Thanks for the update, Hip, Hip, Hurrah, Hippo!!!!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Sounds ridiculous to me. Have you had any proper explanation as to why this is happening to you? Could you be the victim of the highly-reguarded engine or is it a colour problem (the car, not you :eek:)?
July delay - offered Active internal trim in allure and £500 back. If not taken put back.
August delay - advised dealer early on no rush as I would wait until September

Whats the highly-reguarded engine???

Im more an amazon grey than an ultimate red:thumb:

·
Registered
104 Posts
I have a VIN and registration number, the car is even insured ready to be collected a week on Saturday 23rd (providing the forums handover check list proves clear) oh Happy days :thumb::thumb:

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
July delay - offered Active internal trim in allure and £500 back. If not taken put back.
August delay - advised dealer early on no rush as I would wait until September

Whats the highly-reguarded engine???

Im more an amazon grey than an ultimate red:thumb:
Gotcha. Bit of a spelling snafu. Can't blame spell check on here.
The 1.2 3 cylinder engine is highly regarded by motoring gurus and mags :nod:

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have a VIN and registration number, the car is even insured ready to be collected a week on Saturday 23rd (providing the forums handover check list proves clear) oh Happy days :thumb::thumb:
Have you got the MyPeugeot and ScanMyPeugeot apps set up?

:letsprty:

·
Registered
47 Posts
Just been into the dealers to check if my car was built on15/9 as per schedule, date changed to 26/9. I'm not a happy bunny.

Dealer didn't seemed fussed that the date has changed.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Just been into the dealers to check if my car was built on15/9 as per schedule, date changed to 26/9. I'm not a happy bunny.

Dealer didn't seemed fussed that the date has changed.
I have been told last week in September (maybe) for build of my GT Line so hopefully it will happen this time. 7th August didn’t happen so who knows. I feel your frustration, Sim. Maybe we will be celebrating soon. Don’t let the bastards grind you down.

·
Registered
183 Posts
As you know, the car I ordered has been built... but the Dealer's best view of when it would land, in Sheerness, is 2 Oct. Meaning around another week, I'd expect before I can go down for handover. In the same sentence he says he remains optimistic about delivery before end of September... so I can't figure him out really... maybe he's setting expectations so can delight me.

I was a little disappointed with 2 Oct, but at least it has been built and that's the major grey area resolved. And the reg. I chose from the list has now been assigned, so that's good... it had the initials of the owner / driver in there! How lucky can you get?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Good news for me also.

Ordered 19th July and built 15th September. Expecting collection at the beginning of October as the vehicle is still sitting in Sochaux.

Unfortunately it's a Friday car :) so I will be going over it with a fine tooth comb during the handover.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Ordered a 1.2 GT-Line with Focal speakers and grip control. Car is in the UK and was told by the salesman I would be in the dealership between 5 and 10 days.

Guess what! 14 days later, no car and I?ve now been told by the dealership the transport company gefco are running 17 days behind. I?m not a happy bunny.

·
Registered
31 Posts
This is a brilliant forum.

We ordered our car on 26 August, got a "deal" for September registration, assuming September delivery but that doesn't seem to be the case. Feeling a little mislead at the moment. Being told hopefully no later than first week in October but as they seem to have no idea where the car is we're not happy. Still having to sign the registration documents no later than 28 September. :mad:

1 - 20 of 238 Posts