Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered my car in November last year - it was supposed to be delivered by the end of February, then March, then April, and now I've been told it is expected by the end of May. Is that normal these days?

508 SW GT petrol (plus a few bits and bobs)

·
Registered
332 Posts
I ordered my car in November last year - it was supposed to be delivered by the end of February, then March, then April, and now I've been told it is expected by the end of May. Is that normal these days?

It is due to the semi-conductor shortage. I think Peugeot have delayed the launch of the new 308 more than once, probably for the same reason and I would expect that the 308 would get priority as well, certainly over the 508.

·
Premium Member
3,204 Posts
If only you could track your order, vehicle build & delivery dates via an online portal or Smart Phone app :giggle:

I forgot, Peugeot doesn't offer that option.

·
Registered
332 Posts
If only you could track your order, vehicle build & delivery dates via an online portal or Smart Phone app :giggle:

I forgot, Peugeot doesn't offer that option.
If they did it wouldn't be of much use until a build date has been allocated, even then it wouldn't mean much until the car is actually 'launched' at the plant. Then it's what, 3 to 4 weeks to delivery?
I know someone who's had a BMW on order since last August and still hasn't got a build date.

·
Premium Member
3,204 Posts
If they did it wouldn't be of much use until a build date has been allocated, even then it wouldn't mean much until the car is actually 'launched' at the plant. Then it's what, 3 to 4 weeks to delivery?
I know someone who's had a BMW on order since last August and still hasn't got a build date.
Ordered a new Toyota in January, had the build date populated in to the order tracking data approximately 2 weeks before the vehicle was built, all the other dates for shipping stages etc in the vehicle tracking data provided by Toyota have been spot on so far.
Vehicle is currently on a boat heading to the UK.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Ordered a new Toyota in January, had the build date populated in to the order tracking data approximately 2 weeks before the vehicle was built, all the other dates for shipping stages etc in the vehicle tracking data provided by Toyota have been spot on so far.
Vehicle is currently on a boat heading to the UK.
I was kept similarly up to date when I bought my 508, admittedly it was by the Salesman on the blower! It still worked though and was fairly accurate as I remember.

·
Premium Member
3,204 Posts
I was kept similarly up to date when I bought my 508, admittedly it was by the Salesman on the blower! It still worked though and was fairly accurate as I remember.
Email updates at every onward stage & you can check the My Toyota app to see the journey progression.
Soon as the vehicle was built I also had the VIN plus my vehicle appeared in my online garage.

Reactions: Idler

·
Premium Member
990 Posts
Email updates at every onward stage & you can check the My Toyota app to see the journey progression.
Soon as the vehicle was built I also had the VIN plus my vehicle appeared in my online garage.
Hope it lives up to your expectation @Mr Lee. You’ve given us quite a build up to it. Keep posting when you get it, we might all want one.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Now, I have just been informed that my car is expected in June. Ordered in November for delivery in March.

·
Registered
1 Posts

My Peugeot 308 GT lease delivery was due 20 July
'22 then 20 August and informed today that it will now be 23 Oct '22.

·
Registered
180 Posts
My Peugeot 308 GT lease delivery was due 20 July
'22 then 20 August and informed today that it will now be 23 Oct '22.
Nightmare! Supply chain is terrible. Fingers crossed for you.

My motor is currently at dealers awaiting new timing belts etc. Parts on back order 8 weeks The upside? 3000 miles on a brand new courtesy car

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 15 of 15 Posts