Peugeot Forums banner

Deleting A/C compressor

2K views 6 replies 2 participants last post by  Phil McNeil 
#1 ·
I have a 206 SW with a 1.6 HDI engine on a 05 plate.engine code 9HZ.
I've had this car for about 4 - 5 years and has served me well but it is on it's last legs and am going to get rid of it when the MOT runs out in January,The Air con has never worked and now the Bearing in the A/C compressor is screaming like hell.
I want to remove the compressor,
Do i just remove the compressor and measure for a new belt or do i need to replace it with a idler pulley and belt?
Many thanks in advance for your answer's.
Phil.

#2 · (Edited)
Do i just remove the compressor and measure for a new belt or do i need to replace it with a idler pulley and belt?
Not 100% sure I got the right details, the below is from a 1.6 HDi 110 particle emission filter (DV6TED4).

I believe your setup looks like this currently

And if you were looking to make it work as suggested, it should look like this below, which needs a different idler & tensioner mechanism to the existing setup.

The idler is always a tensioner as well. Have you checked that the belt is not just slipping and causing the screaming noise ?

Hope you find this helpful.

#3 ·
Very helpful thank you,The pictures are exactly what i have and what i need.
Do you know the part numbers of the Idler pulley and belt please?
Have taken the belt off and can hear the bearing just by turning it by hand.
I did think about removing the compressor and putting on a smaller belt ,but the idler pulley will sit on the inside of the belt and quickly wear down the ridges,not good.
Phil.

#4 · (Edited)
Buy Poly v-belt kit for PEUGEOT 206 SW (2E/K) 1.6 110 HP online (autopartspro.co.uk)

Buy Tensioner pulley, v-ribbed belt for PEUGEOT 206 SW (2E/K) 1.6 110 HP online (autopartspro.co.uk)

Buy Poly v-belt for PEUGEOT 206 SW (2E/K) 1.6 110 HP online (autopartspro.co.uk)

I did think about removing the compressor and putting on a smaller belt ,but the idler pulley will sit on the inside of the belt and quickly wear down the ridges,not good.
Yes, it's unlikely you can use the existing tensioner / idler assembly.

And for the new tensioner, you may have to source from a wreck or elsewhere the retaining bolts. Using a belt that no longer uses the A/C compressor (based on pictures above) should clear the A/C compressor without interference on the new arrangement. So to me, it appears you can leave the A/C in situ.

#6 · (Edited)
You should look up the correct unit for the vehicle you have. I was not sure in my first post which vehicle model/engine you had, and this had not changed. I selected in the above because it was for 206 SW which is what you mentioned in your first post rather than from 1.6 HDi 110 particle emission filter (DV6TED4) which my first post was made on.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.