Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone come across instructions for changing the diesel filter on a year 2011 1.6HDi 92 (DPF) engine ? The main thing confusing me is the filters I have seen photos of online for sale don't look like the one fitted to my car ! My diesel filter is the type which has a hand primer button on the top although I don't know whether that's the filter itself or just a housing which contains the filter inside. It has been changed before by Peugeot but I was thinking of doing it myself this year if I can find suitable instructions. If it's known to be difficult to change then please let me know and I'll have the Peugeot dealer do it for me. I do service my own vehicles but have never tried the diesel filter on this one as it doesn't appear obvious how to change it.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Has anyone come across instructions for changing the diesel filter.
Matt,
you can find a video of "how to" on filter changing by going to Youtube and searching for:-

"How to change fuel filter 1.6 HDI Peugeot 307, 308 and Citroen C4" The method he used was essentially the same for my 207cc.

The video is by Adrian Dragan and it's in (I think) Croatian, but there are English subtitles if you select the "watch in your own language" setting.

You need to play it a couple of times, then it is straightforward. But first, make sure the filter is the same as yours. If it is, go to Peugeot and order a genuine one. Mine cost approx £35.

Note that you will need to swap over the fuel heater unit.....it unclips from the old filter and snaps into the new one. Also, replace the two seals on the fuel heater inlet/outlet. The new ones come in the package.

The part number for mine was Peugeot part no. P190195. If you want to cheapskate, a Delphi filter (which was fitted to mine) is Delphi p/n 964-944-8880 (R6356020)....my vehicle is a 2007 so you need to double-check the references for your 2011.
Kenzo

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi,

Thank you but I've already seen that video. It seems to show a very different filter. I'll buy the Peugeot filter for mine then give it a go. It looks like I get a new metal canister that fits inside a housing on the car. The housing has a primer pump on top which you operate by pressing a button several times. Can't imagine it's that difficult to change ;-) Not sure when they changed the design but I certainly don't seem to have what's shown on the video unfortunately.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Matt,
you can find a video of "how to" on filter changing by going to Youtube and searching for:-

"How to change fuel filter 1.6 HDI Peugeot 307, 308 and Citroen C4" The method he used was essentially the same for my 207cc.

The video is by Adrian Dragan and it's in (I think) Croatian, but there are English subtitles if you select the "watch in your own language" setting.

You need to play it a couple of times, then it is straightforward. But first, make sure the filter is the same as yours. If it is, go to Peugeot and order a genuine one. Mine cost approx £35.

Note that you will need to swap over the fuel heater unit.....it unclips from the old filter and snaps into the new one. Also, replace the two seals on the fuel heater inlet/outlet. The new ones come in the package.

The part number for mine was Peugeot part no. P190195. If you want to cheapskate, a Delphi filter (which was fitted to mine) is Delphi p/n 964-944-8880 (R6356020)....my vehicle is a 2007 so you need to double-check the references for your 2011.
Kenzo
Are you saying the Delphi filter is inferior to the stock Peugeot one?
It's certainly a lot cheaper:)
I thought Delphi made lots of OEM parts for Peugeot?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Are you saying the Delphi filter is inferior to the stock Peugeot one?
It's certainly a lot cheaper:)
I thought Delphi made lots of OEM parts for Peugeot?
Hammer,
"cheapskate" was a poor choice of phrase. I meant "save money". The Delphi filter must have been in place on my vehicle for at least 20k until it blocked up recently.

Kenzo

·
Registered
173 Posts
Hi here is the parts diagram for the filter for the 90 engine with dpf
The part numbers for item 1 should point you in the right direction

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you Joe. That's what I was after......a picture of the filter type I have complete with a diagram of the parts. I can see how it goes together now. Thank you :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts