Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi my Peugeot 106 R reg has developed a deep rumbling noise when I turn left. It doesn't do it when I turn right. If I didn't have the noise I wouldn't know there was a problem. There is no vibrating. I've had my brakes checked to see if a calliper had seized but the brakes are fine. It's only done 30,000 genuine miles. I have no issues going straight or turning right. Please help. Thanks :)

·
Registered
364 Posts
Sounds a bit like a dry wheel hub bearing on front nearside. Try jacking the wheel off the deck (preferably with a decent jack) and turn wheel slowly, keeping your hand on the wheel and feeling for "rough spots." if bearing is dry or worn you should feel like a regular slow vibration which might be quite faint. It is not unusual for these bearings to dry up with time and heat from the brakes. If it is dry or worn the only remedy would be to replace it.

·
Registered
883 Posts
I`ll go along with renegade but also add a possible driveshaft CV joint.???
Trouble is because it only makes the noise when turning a corner,so under load,it may be difficult to simulate on a jack.?? Noises?? is it a bearing or a shaft? is it near side or off side??
Best get a good mechanic with a good ear for noises to road test it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts