1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

My name's Andy & I'm new to the forum.
I drive a 52 reg 307 2.0 HDi.

I'd like to remove the PEUGEOT & 307 badges from the tail-gate & I'd like to add HID headlight bulbs.

I was going to remove the Peugeot lion too from the rear but I understand from looking thru the forum there's an indentation underneath so it can stay.

Any tips on removing the badges without damaging the paintwork please?.
My girlfriend wont let me use her hairdryer!!...lol.

Also where can I get HID bulbs?..I've seen them online but extortionate prices.

Thanks in advance.

Andy

·
Registered
5,904 Posts
Good HID conversion kits are expensive due to the quality ballasts that are included. You can buy a cheap kit but run the risk of a cheap ballast causing damage to the electrical system.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Thanks for the help..
Wondering what else I can do to make a 4 door family car look a bit more sporty!!...lol
Hi Andy,

When I debadged the Golf I used a little bottle of 'sticky stuff remover'. Got from a local DIY store and dental floss. The sticky stuff remover softens the glue and then use the floss by putting between the badges and the bodywork, this cuts the foam backing they are on like cheese wire meaning you won't pull off or scratch your paint.

Something else you can do which I've done to mine is putting it on spacers. I went for 10mm hub centric spacers. The wheels still sit nicely within the arches without looking like some spotty teen has tried to pimp it, but do give it a slightly wider stance. Also makes the car feel calmer on the road (not that it was ever twitchy before mind haha).

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks mate...Think I've got some dental floss knocking around somewhere...

I'll make a trip to my local B&Q today.
I also read petrol is good for removing the sticky residue.

Car's diesel so I'll have to nick some out of the wife's Meriva!!...lol

Gonna get an exhaust tip & I'll look into the spacers.

Cheers

Andy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts