Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've dealt with Arnold Clark Peugeot for the past several years without any problem at all. My 3008 is now just out of warranty but prior to this I asked them to look at an ongoing stop/start problem I've had from day one. They looked at it and decided the battery needed a full charge. They did an overnight charge and 3 days later the stop/start decided to start working. 2 days later it stopped again.

I know the system is crap but as a result me asking for it to be checked the following has been brought to light

The car was now 4 days out of warranty and they couldn't say if it was now covered even though I reported the problem whilst in warranty and they hadn't fixed it. I was advised to contact PSA who couldn't answer my question either but did open a case for me.

That was 2 weeks ago and they've not responded.

Thats the outline of the problem but I've now been told by my local Arnold Clark that they've been instructed by their head office not to accept any Peugeot warranty work at all. Even from someone who may have only just bought a new car from them.

Is anyone aware of why they've decided to do this and if anyone has an Arnold Clark Peugeot still under warranty it may be worth checking out.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I've dealt with Arnold Clark Peugeot for the past several years without any problem at all. My 3008 is now just out of warranty but prior to this I asked them to look at an ongoing stop/start problem I've had from day one. They looked at it and decided the battery needed a full charge. They did an overnight charge and 3 days later the stop/start decided to start working. 2 days later it stopped again.

I know the system is crap but as a result me asking for it to be checked the following has been brought to light

The car was now 4 days out of warranty and they couldn't say if it was now covered even though I reported the problem whilst in warranty and they hadn't fixed it. I was advised to contact PSA who couldn't answer my question either but did open a case for me.

That was 2 weeks ago and they've not responded.

Thats the outline of the problem but I've now been told by my local Arnold Clark that they've been instructed by their head office not to accept any Peugeot warranty work at all. Even from someone who may have only just bought a new car from them.

Is anyone aware of why they've decided to do this and if anyone has an Arnold Clark Peugeot still under warranty it may be worth checking out.
Had some issues looked at under warrantee no problem by Robins and Day recently. Car only 4 weeks old. Wonder if there's some kind of contractual dispute between Arnold Clark and PSA? Or it could be the dreaded Brexit.
On completely unrelated matters I've had a not welcome from a few EU countries even though they're cutting off their nose to spite their face.
Probably need a quiet informal chat with one of the managers there.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Had some issues looked at under warrantee no problem by Robins and Day recently. Car only 4 weeks old. Wonder if there's some kind of contractual dispute between Arnold Clark and PSA? Or it could be the dreaded Brexit.
On completely unrelated matters I've had a not welcome from a few EU countries even though they're cutting off their nose to spite their face.
Probably need a quiet informal chat with one of the managers there.

Yes, I think its just Arnold Clark and PSA. They haven't even told their staff why so who knows whats going on. I did speak to PSA customer services after I first posted and the girl there was aware there was a problem between the 2 companies but didn't know what it was.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Yes, I think its just Arnold Clark and PSA. They haven't even told their staff why so who knows whats going on. I did speak to PSA customer services after I first posted and the girl there was aware there was a problem between the 2 companies but didn't know what it was.
Sounds like it could be a Brexit knock on. To be honest when I ordered the hybrid4 GT 300 I wondered if there may be issues down the line but had the comfort blanket of it being a company car (very big company too) through the massive buying power of ARVAL. So they can sort out any mess, which they're pretty good at.
Hope it gets sorted mate.
On a technical note if the battery is having an effect it may not be the battery but a fault in the wiring like a poor connection in the loom. Charging to full makes up for the issue but only for a while.

·
Registered
70 Posts
It should be honoured if reported in time period.
My previous car was a DS5 (Stil PSA), and the warranty terms were 3 years 60,000miles or 2 years 100,000 miles at 64,000 miles and 2.5 years the steering pump failed, so effectively outside of either option, and they replaced under warranty. I do think that it was partly due to me having main dealer service at the supplying garage. Good luck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts