Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my 3008 for 4 weeks and I was promised that Tomtom Live would be connected after delivery and copies of the Audio and Telematics guides would be sent to me. I accepted this as reasonable and had no idea that the dealer may close down. Sadly the dealership, Lookers Cardiff has suddenly closed and of course I have no guides or Tomtom live. I do believe the salesman did his best especially under the circumstances.
I wondered if anyone has a scan of the two guides that they could e-mail me and any suggestions about how to now get the Tomtom connected to live services. I have no phone numbers for the correct department at Peugeot to handle this.
Any help or advice would be appreciated.
Thanks.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Beards, I read your post and downloaded the manual before delivery but never saw the telematics guide underneath, please forgive me, I hate it when info is easily available and someone either does not look or makes no effort.
KR
Werlynne

·
Administrator
2,833 Posts
Yes, Lookers in Cardiff, (but not Newport), closed down.

They have been bought by Robins and Day group.

Newport dealership are still Lookers currently so may help with TomTom....they activated mine fine.

·
Registered
620 Posts
I bought my through Robins & Day - really good experience (even with the initial coolant leak from a manufacturing issue). Tomtom active from day one.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Robins & Day are wholly owned by PSA group so if they can't get it right as a dealer then the others don't stand a chance.

I wonder if Looker Cardiff are one of the 22 in the dealer network that are soon to loose the Peugeot franchise?

Grumpy

·
Registered
342 Posts
Robins & Day are wholly owned by PSA group so if they can't get it right as a dealer then the others don't stand a chance.

I wonder if Looker Cardiff are one of the 22 in the dealer network that are soon to loose the Peugeot franchise?

Grumpy
Love the username, Grumpy, wanna do a swap :lol::lol::lol:

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Love the username, Grumpy, wanna do a swap :lol::lol:
Hi Blaugrana, as they say everything has a price :nod:

Not for changing, my grand kids call me that so I now have to keep a jar of sweets by my side at all times to make me "happy Grandad". anyway the jar is easier to carry than the long stick with spikes I used to carry when the little b*ggers come round!:D

Grumpy

·
Registered
342 Posts
Hi Blaugrana, as they say everything has a price :nod:

Not for changing, my grand kids call me that so I now have to keep a jar of sweets by my side at all times to make me "happy Grandad". anyway the jar is easier to carry than the long stick with spikes I used to carry when the little b*ggers come round!:D

Grumpy
Oooh, [email protected]@er, as Unlucky Alf used to say :lol:.
Have a good 'un :thumb:

·
Registered
342 Posts
From what I was told at my dealer's today (car dealer that is :D) the Tom Tom Live definitely has to be signed up for, contract wise. I was never told this when I purchased the vehicle but there is a fee for having it live for three years, €60 or equivalent. I was told by the dealership manager that free Tom Tom Live and updates for life! This is now being looked into as the manager agreed as to what has been said. A first for everything :thumb:
The Audio & Telematic manual is on 'order'.
:thumb:

·
Registered
135 Posts
Tomtom live is included for 3 years and there is no sign up fee although you do need to pay for speed cameras/risk area's if required. I'm still waiting for details on exactly how thats done btw.

My tomtom live services were enabled by the technician on the day I collected the car from Norton way Peugeot in Letchworth which I was pre warned about the week before I collected which was 13th June.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Tomtom live is included for 3 years and there is no sign up fee although you do need to pay for speed cameras/risk area's if required. I'm still waiting for details on exactly how thats done btw.

My tomtom live services were enabled by the technician on the day I collected the car from Norton way Peugeot in Letchworth which I was pre warned about the week before I collected which was 13th June.
That's what I was led to believe although the dealership manager said I had lifetime subscription as part of the deal. Just waiting to see the outcome of my latest visit.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Well good luck if that's what the say...but that would rely on someone going into their system every 3 years and updating the subscription at zero charge. He's probably confused with the map updates for life which is as we know different to the live services .

·
Registered
342 Posts
Well good luck if that's what the say...but that would rely on someone going into their system every 3 years and updating the subscription at zero charge. He's probably confused with the map updates for life which is as we know different to the live services .
My gut feeling, to be honest...confusion all around!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts