Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I'm about to pick up a lightly used 3/2021 e-2008, asked dealer (who has a service department) to make sure its fully updated - they said it is. Checked VIN on SERVICE BOX and it says: An after-sales campaign must be carried out on this vehicle. Advise your client to make an appointment with their authorised dealer as soon as possible.

What gives? Thank you

·
Premium Member
3,004 Posts
It's a recall - ask Peugeot customer " lack of " service directly what the vehicle vin status shows & refuse to take delivery until its carried out / no longer flagged.

·
Premium Member
3,004 Posts
The Peugeot dealer service dept in question could log on to Service Box & look for themselves.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks mate, any way for me to find out what this recall is about? The site doesn't say anything - Thank you

·
Registered
e2008 GT Line
167 Posts
So I took delivery in December 2020 -few months before this one, and it was recently recalled for a whole remap of the computer system. They have to delete the existing and load a complete new one.

The reason they said for this, was some people, mainly with the e208 (so I was told) had issues with charging, miles shown incorrect and other bits not working. Honestly I can say I have never had a problem with my e2008 and even after having the new remapped system for over a month I still don't have an issues, so maybe nothing to be concerned about. However, still get it done before you take ownership for peace of mind, it only takes approx. 3 hours so no reason why they cant do it straight away (unless the car locks out which again seemed to be a few e208 which locked the car down for 24 hours before it rebooted but run fine after that.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks, Looks like the service was carried out and indeed a few days later the recall notification no longer shows on Service Box - thanks for the help!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts