Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, hello, I'm Lynda and only got my 1007 four days ago. However, I can't figure out if my model has deadlocking or not and IF so it says in the handbook that it's one push on the fob which seems unusual, too.
Can anyone help, please ? It's a 1.6 Sport petrol if that helps.

Cheers,
Lynda~

·
11,968 Posts
I'm not sure if its the same, but on my 307 I press the lock button on the key fob to lock the doors, then press a second time and it makes a different sounding "clunk" for the deadlocks.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not sure if its the same, but on my 307 I press the lock button on the key fob to lock the doors, then press a second time and it makes a different sounding "clunk" for the deadlocks.
Cheers Gibbo.......in the handbook it clearly says once for deadlocks, twice for reverting to regular central locking.......strange. Plus the handbook covers all model variants so doesn't tell you which applies to my model and which doesn't. Not very clear.
I was hoping somebody with the same model could tell me.

Lynda~

G

·
0 Posts
Hi Lynda, welcome.

To test your locks, simply wind down your drivers window - then press the blip once and see if you can reach in through the window and open the door using the inside handle.

Try it again with 2 blips and see if the door opens - whichever one works is the answer.

My 406 is the same as yours, one blip for deadlocks and 2 blips to revert to normal locks...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Lynda, welcome.

To test your locks, simply wind down your drivers window - then press the blip once and see if you can reach in through the window and open the door using the inside handle.

Try it again with 2 blips and see if the door opens - whichever one works is the answer.

My 406 is the same as yours, one blip for deadlocks and 2 blips to revert to normal locks...
Aha !! Cheers, Ginger. I'll give that a go tomorrow.....will let you know what I find. I'm pleased you confirmed I'm not hallucinating what the handbook says about the one blip being the deadbolt blip, too !!

Lynda~

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ginger (et al), you'll be thrilled to know my car DOES have the deadlocking. I did the window test. Thanks so much for your help.
I do wish they tailored the handbooks to be model-specific....instead of having to hunt 'n' peck out the portions that are applicable. Would be a lot more helpful !! I digress..........
Thanks again.

Lynda~:D

G

·
0 Posts
Ooooh, don't keep us in suspense, are you a one blip or a two blip..?? :confused:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts