Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After setting up my bsi after getting it revirginised i have an issue with my deadlocking. I cant open the doors from inside or out.
I have tried going through the configuration and changing setting but it doesnt seem to make a difference. After i set up the bsi and everything seemed to be working correctly there was a buzzing noise from the passenger door and from then i have been unable to open the doors.
The button on the dash for locking and unlocking is also unresponsive.

·
Registered
153 Posts
After setting up my bsi after getting it revirginised i have an issue with my deadlocking. I cant open the doors from inside or out.
I have tried going through the configuration and changing setting but it doesnt seem to make a difference. After i set up the bsi and everything seemed to be working correctly there was a buzzing noise from the passenger door and from then i have been unable to open the doors.
The button on the dash for locking and unlocking is also unresponsive.
could be that its a simple fuse thats gone,im having trouble with my locks on a 207,i can only lock/unlock manually and if i do it too often it stops working completely,have you tried leaving battery disconnected for a while then going through reset again?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll have a look at fuses tomorrow but i dont think i'll be that lucky. I've done a few bsi resets so the battery has been disconnected for a few periods of time but i have now left it disconnected overnight and i'll have another look at it tomorrow.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
If the passenger door lock is putting a short on the unlock line, you could try unplugging the harness for the door.

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
When you say you've gone through the config and settings, was this done on PP? I'm only asking as when I've changed the settings in the BSI config menu on PP, it asked me to turn the ignition on and off many many times, to the point I was getting a bit anxious about corrupting something

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes this was done with pp. originally under locking type it just said locking, i wonder if this has caused the issue? I have tried changing this option to deadlocking and it has made no difference.
The buzzing noise i heard from the passenger door strangely only stopped when i switched on the sidelights.
Regarding unplugging the door harness im guessing this isnt going to be easy when the doors are locked shut?

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Yes this was done with pp. originally under locking type it just said locking, i wonder if this has caused the issue? I have tried changing this option to deadlocking and it has made no difference.
When I was playing around, I noticed that pressing "OK" or the return key toggled between the settings, rather than confirming the changes (which is what seems to be the case on most other menus). So, when I was pressing return to accept the changes, I noticed that I was just swapping between fog lights and no fog lights (in my case).

The door ought to be set to locking. Hope you manage to get it sorted

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have also noticed that from pp, i made sure each time i selected the value i wanted and then pressed configuration so i dont think that is the issue.
I'll get another look at it this evening when im home from work and if i cant get it sorted i'll probably take a grinder to the door card at the weekend to get access to the locks. I have a few spare door cards so if needs be it will be no big issue.

Does anyone know how to disengage the deadlocking with a door card off though?

·
Registered
4,780 Posts
If you have set the bsi to the wrong lock setting then you have just killed the door actuators and the only way to sort it is change them and that's not easy when door is locked and won't open it is doable though as I have sorted a 307sw before. I had to smash the actuators off

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
If you have set the bsi to the wrong lock setting then you have just killed the door actuators and the only way to sort it is change them and that's not easy when door is locked and won't open it is doable though as I have sorted a 307sw before. I had to smash the actuators off
So the bsi should have been set to deadlocking then?
By actuators do you mean the actual locking mechanism that attaches to the door with a few screws?
how did u manage to smash it off out of interest? Guessing all 4 will have to be removed front and back?

I have also noticed the central locking button will not unlock or lock the car whereas the key will make lock unlock noises when pressed. The central locking button also flashes when the key is in the ignition but stops flashing when the car has started. the hazard button also does not work, I currently have not fitted a speedo to the car as I am waiting on one arriving, would this affect these buttons?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok i managed to get the two front doors opened by removing the door card and screwing the cover off the actuators and manipulating one of the levers inside the actuator.
I have replaced these actuators now with non deadlocking units.
Unfortunately the rear actuator is a complete different design and theres no way of getting inside it like the fronts.

The central locking button on the dash now works since i fitted a new speedo and it works the front locks but not the back.
Does anyone know a way to remove the rear actuators when the door is closed?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Now fixed!

Heres a few pics which might help others in the future.

The first picture is of the front actuator. You will need to remove the 2 torx screws and a black cover to see this view. the circled area is where i removed the motor.in here you can see a cog. The cog moves when the lever moves. The arrow points towards the lever you will need to manoever in order for the door to open.

The second picture is of the rear actuator with the front cover smashed off. You will literally need to smash the front cover off with a hammer and screwdriver. Needless to say you will need new actuators after doing this.
The red arrow points at the part you will need to manoever in order to open the rear doors.
The 3rd picture is a rear actuator just with the other parts removed in order to get to the levers easier. The green arrow shows the direction you need to push the levers in order to open the door.

Hopefully this is of use to someone in the future.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi guys Wondering if u could help with my issue as it sounds similar. I bought a used car on Sunday, private sale. Car went great on test drive and I gave the engine a look over. I was happy with how car sounded and drove. One thing I didn't check was the central locking. bought car and parked it up, locked it by pressing button on key. When I went to get bk into car it just wouldn't open! Used key manually, it can only get the drivers door and boot open and once in car I can't open doors from the inside either ?. It's a 307, I'm a first time driver and haven't a clue what to do

·
Registered
4,780 Posts
Hi guys Wondering if u could help with my issue as it sounds similar. I bought a used car on Sunday, private sale. Car went great on test drive and I gave the engine a look over. I was happy with how car sounded and drove. One thing I didn't check was the central locking. bought car and parked it up, locked it by pressing button on key. When I went to get bk into car it just wouldn't open! Used key manually, it can only get the drivers door and boot open and once in car I can't open doors from the inside either ?. It's a 307, I'm a first time driver and haven't a clue what to do
What happens if you start the car then try up en doors

What happens if you press lock/unlock button on dash inside the car with ignition on

1 - 14 of 14 Posts