Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

This is my first post here and my first problem with any car i've owned. I recently had to SORN my car as I can't drive it for medical reasons and i've been turning it over and running it around but as I now cannot do this it sits there getting rolled forward every so often on my driveway.

Problem I have is the cars been standing a while and the battery has discharged, Jumping the car is no go.. and the car has gone into economy mode. I do have a battery charger but need to ask two questions :)

Its winter so its best to remove my battery and charge under cover but the battery is covered by a plastic cover, this may sound daft but how are they held on. I can see both the positive and negative connections but the black plastic refuses to budge. I was thinking perhaps clipped in place.

Anyhow I know this is a bit of a noob question but currently I cannot drive the car anyhow but don't like the idea of my battery sitting there permenantly discharged in cold weather.

Any help appreciated.

Krys

·
5,812 Posts
Economy mode will clear once engine is running. If you leave the battery flat for longer than a couple of weeks (less if old battery or Silver) it will be useless and may not hold a charge.

To charge you do not have to take cover off lift little cover over Positive (+) Terminal and connect Red (+) charger lead the connect Black earth to a good metal part on car eg engine or earth point near strut top.

If you can afford a small long term battery charger/conditioner you can leave connected all the time with a fly lead from the house or every couple of weeks charge with normal charger, i do this with battery still on car when needed (due to BSI shutdown and boot routines) run extentsion lead out to car leave charger and extension socket tucked down by gearbox and bonnet on catch and have never had any issue with rain etc

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Economy mode will clear once engine is running. If you leave the battery flat for longer than a couple of weeks (less if old battery or Silver) it will be useless and may not hold a charge.

To charge you do not have to take cover off lift little cover over Positive (+) Terminal and connect Red (+) charger lead the connect Black earth to a good metal part on car eg engine or earth point near strut top.

If you can afford a small long term battery charger/conditioner you can leave connected all the time with a fly lead from the house or every couple of weeks charge with normal charger, i do this with battery still on car when needed (due to BSI shutdown and boot routines) run extentsion lead out to car leave charger and extension socket tucked down by gearbox and bonnet on catch and have never had any issue with rain etc
Thanks windy I just bought a ctek mxs5.0 smart charger (cost 50 quid), just connect this like you say I suppose and away you go.. I've not been driving long (even though I'm 37) and I still remember my dad removing his battery etc, I suppose these days that is uneccessary with these type of chargers.. also good because I was worried about reconnection procedure etc. Will let you know how I get on

1 - 5 of 5 Posts