Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well yesterday I placed a comment on how nice my 407 SW was running. I jinxed myself, as today an amber warning light has appeared in the binnacle directly Infront of the driver, and a full English warning saying depollution system faulty appears in the sat Nav screen.
The car runs fine still, and is not in limp mode.
Any recommendations to fix ?

·
2,582 Posts
Hi sorry to hear that ...you will need to get the fault codes 'read' or you will replace unnecessary parts ,,fuel filter is cheap to try....

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the advice. Next door neighbour has just read the code with a reader and it says fault code p 1166.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Neighbour's friend just advised him that Peugeot don't seem to have a fault code p1166.
Oh well confused brain here.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks I'll look into getting the Peugeot code reader.
The car is running fine, so until I get the reader I'm going to ignore the warnings.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No I couldn't work it out either. I followed the recommended thread, but it seemed to fizzle out. I didn't want to say that I couldn't find any tips on the fault code ,so I'm glad you found the same problem.

My wife didn't want to drive to the Scottish Highlands yesterday ,with any form of warning, so she went to a garage and paid for the removal of the warning light. The garage that she trusts simply cancelled the light for a £70.00 charge ,it seems.
Having said that we drove 450 miles faultlessly. The car is so comfortable. My wife actually loves the 407 estate, between her and her garage,it wants for nothing. The warning has not reappeared.

·
5,963 Posts
What engine is fitted to the car

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

·
5,963 Posts
That code is for too high fuel pressure. it could a transient fault from a sticking regulator on the pump. I would not worry about it unless it reappears on a regular basis which then may mean cleaning or replacing the regulator valve

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Noted, thanks. I'll monitor it, but my wife,if the warning comes back on, will probably put the car into her garage.
I joined this forum with the idea of avoiding her regular garage visits, so I'll see how it goes.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts