Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I've just bought a 2006 307sw, when I collected it the lcd displayed the de-pollution warning and the engine light was on. As it had just been serviced by Peugeot and had undergone an RAC inspection the day before it seemed odd but the dealer told me that it was because they had let it run completely out of petrol and after refilling it wasn't uncommon for this to happen, sure enough the warning and light went away after a mile or so and the lcd fault menu shows no problems, I then drove 100+ miles with no problem. Question is, is this common? The dealer, Carsite, and their Peugeot contact seemed 95% certain it was just down to a mixture imbalance caused by running empty.

Thanks all,

Mick

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
monkeyboy said:
Hi all,

I've just bought a 2006 307sw, when I collected it the lcd displayed the de-pollution warning and the engine light was on. As it had just been serviced by Peugeot and had undergone an RAC inspection the day before it seemed odd but the dealer told me that it was because they had let it run completely out of petrol and after refilling it wasn't uncommon for this to happen, sure enough the warning and light went away after a mile or so and the lcd fault menu shows no problems, I then drove 100+ miles with no problem. Question is, is this common? The dealer, Carsite, and their Peugeot contact seemed 95% certain it was just down to a mixture imbalance caused by running empty.

Thanks all,

Mick
yes, nothing to worry about.. its common and it depends on the mixture imbalance as the sensor would pick it up straightaway..

dont understand the point of it though, thats my biggest gripe with peugeots .. not that the tax is any cheaper because of it..

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers Scotcruz,

Didn't think it was anything to worry about but you never know, I've also noticed that it runs a little lumpy at idle when cold, I guess this is just a pug foible. Apart from that it's not a bad drive, clutch travel a little long but that's just something I need to get used to.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts