Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys any suggestions I am wanting to fit nice bright daytime running lights to the wife's 308cc it's the 2009 model so currently does not have any if possible would like to put them in the same place as the newer models any suggestions for type and where to buy would be brilliant cheers

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
Are you sure it doesn't already have DRL's. My 308 has DRL's using a bulb in the main light clusters but were disabled in the BSI when I bought the car. I enabled them myself and while not as fancy looking as the newer models do the job well enough without having to mess with the wiring looms.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Are you sure it doesn't already have DRL's. My 308 has DRL's using a bulb in the main light clusters but were disabled in the BSI when I bought the car. I enabled them myself and while not as fancy looking as the newer models do the job well enough without having to mess with the wiring looms.
same here I turned mine on my 2008 308

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys yes it does have those built into the clusters but would just like to add the newer brighter ones around the fog lights like the newer models has cheers

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
Cheers it’s selected but I don’t seem to have them still? There appears to be globes there. Does auto lights need to be turned off?
No doubt the bulbs are there, but do they work?

Peugeot use stop/tail lamps for this function, the tail (low power) filament is used for the side light, the stop (high power) filament for the DRL. Trouble is that stop filament is not designed for continuous use, so they don't last long.

I could guarantee both bulbs have blown filaments.

Replace with a decent white LED stop tail.

·
Registered
55 Posts
No doubt the bulbs are there, but do they work?

Peugeot use stop/tail lamps for this function, the tail (low power) filament is used for the side light, the stop (high power) filament for the DRL. Trouble is that stop filament is not designed for continuous use, so they don't last long.

I could guarantee both bulbs have blown filaments.

Replace with a decent white LED stop tail.
So this is the headlight assembly, which is the DRL? Is it the one illuminated (that’s the first option on the light stalk after auto)

What’re the small ones on the very right for? Or are they just cosmetic?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts