Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I kinda think that daytime lights will become the law to use (not just have on the car) in the coming years and a few weeks ago, I saw someone being pulled over on the motorway in Switzerland for not having them....anyway, I'm thinking of fitting some

As anyone fitted any to a pre-face lift, any recommendations as to which ones to go for as I know there is a lot of junk out there?

Ideally, I would prefer some that are auto dimming when the side lights or headlights are turned on.

Alternatively, if there are some replacement light units with day times built in that are not too pricey and not too boy racerish I could be tempted.

·
Registered
5,906 Posts
There is an option using PP2000 for daytime running lights to be enabled on my 2004 307.

It turns on the sidelights & dipped headlights when the engine is started but doesn't illuminate the instrument cluster. Can't remember if it illuminates the headlamp indicator though.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There is an option using PP2000 for daytime running lights to be enabled on my 2004 307.

It turns on the sidelights & dipped headlights when the engine is started but doesn't illuminate the instrument cluster. Can't remember if it illuminates the headlamp indicator though.
Thanks, I'll take a look:thumb:

P

·
0 Posts
Got this option on mine but never touched. Find the whole day time running lights frankly stupid. Really hope it doesn't become law. Sadly, i suspect EU will pass some stupid law :(

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got this option on mine but never touched. Find the whole day time running lights frankly stupid. Really hope it doesn't become law. Sadly, i suspect EU will pass some stupid law :(
I see it happening, in the same way they make school kids wear flo vest when walking to the swimming pool or what ever during school time......sometimes its common sense and health and safety gone mad

·
Registered
160 Posts
I see this from the opposite side, as I've never experienced motoring without running lights being mandatory by law. It is a lot easier to spot a car with its light on, and thats before taking into account things like tunnels or dark stretches before we had light sensors and automatic headlights on our cars.

I believe it is a big help for vision impaired or even just to help people notice other cars.

(Norway, btw)

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
I see this from the opposite side, as I've never experienced motoring without running lights being mandatory by law. It is a lot easier to spot a car with its light on, and thats before taking into account things like tunnels or dark stretches before we had light sensors and automatic headlights on our cars.

I believe it is a big help for vision impaired or even just to help people notice other cars.

(Norway, btw)
Just Overtook a car on the way home in pitch black no lights on rear couple of flashes to let them know there was a problem completed the overtaking and they have lovely front DRL but nothing else showing that certainly made that car stand out As a DANGER

P

·
0 Posts
My mrs is same. DRL's so bright she forgets to put headlights on. Now maybe in some places in EU they do help. But frankly if you can't see a car in daytime without lights on then you deserve to be hit. I know the figures seem to prove they are helping, but i wonder if a survey be conducted to show damage these lights do to other people's eyes?

I think it's just creating more stupid drivers. Already got a massive drop in basic car skills (the old story of no one out on a sunday checking their cars), got reverse sensors so skill of parking without them is gone. DRL so people don't forget to turn lights on. May as well get bus.

·
Registered
5,906 Posts
Just Overtook a car on the way home in pitch black no lights on rear couple of flashes to let them know there was a problem completed the overtaking and they have lovely front DRL but nothing else showing that certainly made that car stand out As a DANGER
I've seen a couple like that on the motorway. One was driving slowly behind a dark coloured articulated truck and you just couldn't see the car till you were nearly running into it. I only noticed it as I had pulled out to overtake the truck. No rear lights but driving along with DRL's on, totally oblivious of the hazard he was causing.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Never liked the idea of daylight running lights until I bought my 208. I bought it before they became a legal requirement on all new cars so had the option of turning them off. However, before I got around to turning them off, I immediately noticed a big reduction in people pulling out in front of me at junctions and roundabouts! Being the nice bright led ones, people were noticeably hesitating. I assume it is because they make it more difficult to judge the distance making them look closer. Whatever the reason I now like them.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I just see becoming more and more of an enforced thing....phrased carefully like the requirement to have your car suitably equipped for the conditions or potential conditions in Germany,:( which in a few weeks time means winter tyres and as I cross the border from time to time etc etc

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I was looking in Planet to try and configure them....I was struggling to see how to do it. Can anyone help at all?

·
Registered
160 Posts
I'll have look next time I'm in there. Check the fuses, in the olden times there used to be fuses with 3 slots to select different settings, among them daytime running lights.

G

·
0 Posts
I was looking in Planet to try and configure them....I was struggling to see how to do it. Can anyone help at all?
Do you mean configure the DRLs?

Its in the 'test by ECU - BSI - Configuration - Customer Options - Lighting, I think......

1 - 18 of 18 Posts