Peugeot Forums banner

Day light running lights?

6K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  pagautas 
#1 ·
Hi everyone

I've got a UK 2005 55 plate 307 HDi SE model and have a question regarding day light running lights.

My mate just picked up a UK 2009 59 plate 308 HDi Sport model that also has the auto wipers and lights. I was checking his computer and he has the day light running lights option which I don't have and when he opens the doors with the remote his lights turn on if it's dark enough.

As the 308 uses the auto lights/wiper sense like my car my question is:

Can I get the day light running lights and lights to turn on when I open the doors on my 307?

Is it a case that my computer will need an upgrade to support these functions and if so can I ask my locate Peugeot dealer to do it?

Thanks
Jason

G
#4 ·
Check with your insurers before activating this option - there is much evidence to suggest that day time running, marker or dim/dip lights actually increase your likelyhood of having a smack in temperate climates (as opposed to sub-polar climates in the land of Volvo), despite the Governments plan to fall in with the EU in a few years and make them compulsory.

toddy2 said:
hi,,day running lights is an optional function within bsi so only dealer or decent eqt will be able to configure it that way.
Or some lucky bugger with Lexia ;-)

#5 ·
Check with your insurers before activating this option - there is much evidence to suggest that day time running, marker or dim/dip lights actually increase your likelyhood of having a smack in temperate climates (as opposed to sub-polar climates in the land of Volvo), despite the Governments plan to fall in with the EU in a few years and make them compulsory.

Or some lucky bugger with Lexia ;-)
sorry for an old topic, but don't want to open a new one.
How could i activate running lights using lexia? Or maybe it's not possible without luminosity sensor and button at the end of indicator stalk?
I'd like dip beam lights to turn on every time I start the engine.

#6 ·
hi again,

i've mananaged to turn auto lights on somehow, but i works more like auto off than auto on. if i turn on the lights with engine off, the lights don't come up, but when i start the engine, lights turn off and it turns off when i stop the engine without turning off the lights. Is it working correctly??

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.