Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fitted dashcam at front following guide on here which was spot on. Viofo A119
what about rear camera is there a power source at the rear and what is the best place to site it.

·
Registered
978 Posts
I don't know what the advice here about a dashcam was but frankly the best type is one with a rear camera as well. Unless you happen to have bought a single cam version which is also available as a twin, and therefore is equipped with a socket for the rear, then perhaps you should start thinking about a replacement.

I started off with a single lens camera on both my C5 and 308. I've updated the C5 with a camera which has a separate lens at the rear as well. In addition I made sure that the camera would take SDXC cards (and not just SDHC cards which are limited to 32GB) and fitted a 128GB card. I've bought a similar system for the 308 but have yet to fit it.

·
Registered
978 Posts
With regards to your specific questions, a camera supplied with two lenses doesn't need a separate power supply, it's all sorted with one cable.

On my C5, which is the estate version, I stuck the camera onto the tailgate glass at the very top making sure it peered between the HRW lines and was cleaned on the outside by the wiper blade. The cable I pushed under the plastic covering and then I fed it through the flexible hose that also carries all the other electrical wires. I will do the same on the 308.

If your car is a hatchback then I would probably do the same but if it has a fixed rear window then it could go at the top or the bottom.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
More than happy with ther viofo A119 'single lens' due to its design wedge shape placed behind mirror i do not see it. Is there a power source in the boot area?

·
Registered
542 Posts
Mine has a lighter socket on the nearside at the rear next to the tailgate. I suspect the wiring loom is there on most models and mine and perhaps the Allure has the actual socket. I only ever use mine for tyre pump.

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
My Allure SW has a socket. There is also a multi pin connector behind the trim which has power. Don't know what it was intended for, but that now powers the relay for the towbar electrics on mine.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Mine has a lighter socket on the nearside at the rear next to the tailgate. I suspect the wiring loom is there on most models and mine and perhaps the Allure has the actual socket. I only ever use mine for tyre pump.
When I fitted a socket in place of the blanking plug on our 308 Active I was also hoping that the wiring would be there. It wasn't and I had to take the wiring to the front myself.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts