Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I take delivery of my new GT tail end of next week.

I've got a Transcend Drivepro 220 dashcam fitted in my current 508 saloon and most of the cabling pushes neatly into the trim around the windscreen and across the underside of the driver's leg area, plugging into the 12v socket in the centre console.

Has anyone fitted a dashcam to the 3008? And if so, any advice on the best way to hide the cables/reach a power source?

Thanks in advance.

· Registered
272 Posts
I was looking at a dash cam and settled on hardwiring it in to the fusebox which will turn on/off with the key, by all accounts it's a fairly simple process. Hardwiring kit is about 20 pounds.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was looking at a dash cam and settled on hardwiring it in to the fusebox which will turn on/off with the key, by all accounts it's a fairly simple process. Hardwiring kit is about 20 pounds.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk
Thanks for that summerjunk.

I did see a video on Youtube and it looked fairly simple, but DIY to me is destroy it yourself lol.

I bought the dashcam from Halfords about a year ago, so they should fit it for £30. I'm not too sure about letting them loose on my brand new, not even got it yet GT!

· Registered
25 Posts
I've fitted mine myself without going to the fuse box ... you can move all the trims ... headliner ,door pillar and under the steering wheel enough to run the cable and get to the cig lighter socket without hardly any exposed cables ... neat as!

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've done the same sportybiker. It certainly does the trick - maybe not as neat as a hard-wired install but I stopped at the services on the M1 after picking the car up on Wednesday and it took me all of 10 minutes to tuck the cables as you said. It'll do me for now that's for sure ;0)

· Registered
683 Posts
My wife did say yesterday when driving back from London she was surprised a dash cam wasn't fitted to the car as standard, its got all these camera's why didn't they do one as a dash cam she said, I couldn't answer just I don't know and its not even a option.

· Registered
1,616 Posts
Does anybody know if there is a switched fuse at the front of the car, as I will be hardwiring my dash cam when I receive the car. Is the fuse box located near the glove box?
I am sure there will be a switched fuse but apparently the fuse box is located in the engine compartment, so unless there is a spare grommet or way through the bulkhead it will be necessary to drill a hole which could be a problem given there may be things in the way.

· Registered
39 Posts
I used the same hardwire kit i used in my old 2013 3008 , a fused link and a hardwire kit from amazon . The fused link has a mini fuse holder for two fuses ( one for the one you take out to use the link and one for the dashcam) i used a 5A fuse. you can then run the wire from the fuse panel along inside the wing panel to the door and inside . The wire on mine is thin enough not to cause any issues with the rubber door seals .

· Registered
1,616 Posts
Hi sunman, a picture of the fuse box and the trailing wire would be helpful. I was looking at youtube videos for various cars this morning and people were drilling holes, puncturing rubber grommits and taking out batteries etc. to make a suitable route through to the cabin. What you are suggesting sounds a lot simpler and quicker.

· Registered
1,616 Posts
Thank you. It will make more sense when mine arrives but it's good to know no drilling or dismantling involved. Iv'e got a switched live, permanent live and earth but the wires are thin and should take the same route. Are the fuses marked or did you have to suck and see? As far as I can see there's no fuse diagram in the instruction manual.

· Registered
509 Posts
No, no, no. You can't start running wires around like that guys that's dangerous and going to void your insurance straight away. If that rubs through and catches fire you are in a heap of trouble. Not to mention the wind noise and potential water ingress from the door seal. If you're going to think about hard wiring it then either do the job right or get a professional to do it who should have no problems feeding wires through to the cabin safely. Any auto electrician or car audio centre should be able to do that no problem.

· Registered
46 Posts
No, no, no. You can't start running wires around like that guys that's dangerous and going to void your insurance straight away. If that rubs through and catches fire you are in a heap of trouble. Not to mention the wind noise and potential water ingress from the door seal. If you're going to think about hard wiring it then either do the job right or get a professional to do it who should have no problems feeding wires through to the cabin safely. Any auto electrician or car audio centre should be able to do that no problem.
This.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.