Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've got a Transcend Drivepro 200 dashcam, and was wondering about the best position it could be placed on the windscreen. That ridiculously large fixture that they have used for the interior mirror, gets right in the way. I did try placing it to the left of that fixture, but it's still visible in the top right of the picture. I'm using the suction cup bracket to fix it to the windscreen.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Ok, thanks. I'll give it another try. It's a real shame that they designed that mirror fixture that way.

Edit - without sounding cheeky, I don't suppose you have any pictures of your camera installation do you? I want to get the correct positioning, but without getting into trouble when it's mot'd

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice one, cheers. Now all I need to do, is find out why the cigarette lighter socket has decided to stop working. I'm going to hardwire the dash cam, but was using the socket to get an idea about it's position.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, I've seen your guide before. Not sure if I want to take the light fitting apart. Also, by the looks of it, Peugeot made the windscreen bracket that the interior mirror attaches to, a decent size. It looks more of a square shape, rather than the ridiculous oblong thing they used in earlier models of 308 (as in my 2008 model). This makes it a bit difficult for placing the camera, as you'll get some of the bracket in the top right corner of the picture.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Found out why (I think) my cigarette lighter socket has stopped working, I saw a message come up on the dash "economy mode active". From what I've read, this can cause problems. I only had the ignition on for about ten minutes as I tried to position the dash cam

·
Registered
26 Posts
I've got a Transcend Drivepro 200 dashcam, and was wondering about the best position it could be placed on the windscreen. That ridiculously large fixture that they have used for the interior mirror, gets right in the way. I did try placing it to the left of that fixture, but it's still visible in the top right of the picture. I'm using the suction cup bracket to fix it to the windscreen.

I decided to remove the plastic cover, comes off in 2 parts, have to remove the mirror too. Run a separate fused 12v feed on a relay controlled by ignition feed so it switches on once the car starts and turns off when the ignition turns off too. I Also have a camera in the rear window, cable runs to the front of the car (hidden) and is linked to the reverse light, so when I engage reverse the lcd display maximizes the rear camera and also displays a parking grid.

The memory card is still accessible. Everyone that gets in the car asks if it has been done professionally.....

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
That looks really good. How did you attach the camera to the plastic cover?
The camera came with a bracket to mount it to the suction cup so I cut the bracket off just after it attaches to the camera, melted a steel pin through it just smaller than the width of the plastic cover for the car, bent it so it matched the angle of the inside of the cover, attached the camera and had a quick demo with it to make sure it all fits and plenty of clearance for the cables.

Once it had been cut and bent into shape correctly it was a case of hot glue gun to pin it in temporarily then a blob or epoxy resin on the right hand side. Once set take off the hot glue on the left so the case comes back apart, get ready to clip it up, hot glue quickly inside then clip back on straight after and let it set.

Once done I sealed the plastic cover to the windscreen using black silicone, masking off so it matches. Park it away from the sun so it cures correctly then job done.

Reading it now it does sound alot harder than it was to be honest.

The reason I epoxied the clip on one side and hot glue on the other is incase I need to take it down. The silicone will come off in one piece, the hot glue will come off the plastic fairly easy making it come apart. The epoxy however on the drivers side wont come off without a fight so I know I can unclip the left side fairly easy for any maintenance.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts