Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am going to sign the contract soon, I hope, for a new 5008 GT Line. It has several cameras but they do not work as dashcams (with motion and crash detection would be even better).
Someone knows a way to connect the image that arrives from the on board cameras to a video recorder or something like that? Be able to download them later to a mobile phone would be good, for example. Note: The Citroen C3, and the C5 Aircross, have a camera that works as a dashcam [ConnectedCAM Citroën® | Technology] but not the 5008, or the 3008. I know that there are countries where they are forbidden but ...

A Chinese site [R$411.31 40% de desconto|Kampacar novatek 96672 dvr carro traço cam câmera wi fi gravador de vídeo para peugeot 3008 allure 4008 5008 ds7 citroen c5 x7 aircross|DVR/Câmera Dash| - AliExpress] has an solution to put an hidden dashcam in a 5008, and others, but with already so many cameras on board of the 5008 why do we need to be forced to put another one to have a dashcam? Peugeot??
Note: I am not sure that if you touch in the plastics around the rear mirror to install an hidden dashcam that it will not mess with an already on board cam (the one to avoid collisions or something like that).

As you can notice I am looking for one solution for an hidden dashcam with motion and crash detection, because I don't want a camera with the cables in the middle of the windshield, and I only want to record a few seconds (30) before and after any accident and when it is parked and detects motion. In the process I need to put my hands on something like a workshop manual with the wiring of the 5008 and so on. Any idea if there is one and where it can be found/bought?

Someone knows if the night vision feature, like in the 508, will be available soon for the 5008/3008?

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
The 5008 has only 2 cameras, front and back. In the rearview mirrors there are no cameras hidden etc..

You can register on Service Box, there you can find wiring diagrams and other info about your car. You might have to pay to get the information, but it is not too expensive, for example you can get the 1 hour access which costs about 7€.

The night vision feature will probably be available with the facelift model, but that will not come in another 1-2 years.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thank you for your response!
I also thought that it has one camera at the front and one in the rear but ... now, if that is so, something is not correct in the 3008 Peugeot´s videos (I think that they are equal to the 5008 in this features), they show two cameras in the front, one high behind the windshield, near the rear view mirror, and another, lower, in the front grille above the lion, as the images in the next links show. Next time that I will be near a 5008 with all the options I will try to check this. By the videos it looks like the higher one is used to things like road signs recognition [
;
] and the lower one for parking assist [
] but, as I said, I need to confirm this because I only saw them in the videos! As I wrote before, it would be nice if the higher one in the front and the one in the back could be used also as dashcams!

I will give a try to service box as you told, thank you!

It is a pity that the 5008 doesn't have the night vision feature like in the 508 [
], it would be very useful in my opinion!

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
The camera which is mounted next to the rearview mirror, on the windshield, is only used for Emergency Brake Assist, Speed Sign Recognition, Pedestrian Recognition and so on.... So it is used for the safety features of the car. I doubt that you can do anything with that camera without causing some issues with the system, and voiding your warranty completely.
Additionaly to that, these cameras are mainly Monochrome. In order to achieve the safety functionalities rarely ever are Color camera sensors used (they have slower processing times).

The Citroens have a dedicated module for the Dashcam function, and like you said it is not available everywhere, depending on the country. For example in Austria it is illegal to have the dashcamera.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Thank you for your explanation! The cameras been color ones wouldn't delay the processing more than a micro seconds because they could filter part of the information to become black and white. They could use the same information to be processed in another module as a dashcam, and, by the way, I wouldn't mind if the dashcam for security was monochome!

Here the dashcams aren´t allowed too, what I think it is a very very stupid decision! But I can have the idea!! :)

Note: I bought one 5008 yesterday, I will receive it in ...December but, by what I could see in Youtube etc, the images of the front and rear cameras, when parking, look poly-chromatic!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts