Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Halfords today advised that dashcam cannot be hard wire into my new Peugeot3008. Surely they are wrong? Im thinking about upgrading to a new 5008 next year and hope a dash cam will be come as standard...any news pls?

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Halfords today advised that dashcam cannot be hard wire into my new Peugeot3008. Surely they are wrong? Im thinking about upgrading to a new 5008 next year and hope a dash cam will be come as standard...any news pls?
definately wrong saying that a dashcam can't be hardwired in, IIRC they don't sell the hardwire kit that Nextbase offer but to say it can't be done is just an outrite lie.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
168 Posts
Just reading this thread and curious to know if the 12V USB converter drains the battery as the fuses are permanently live on Canbus? Would an IGNI-GEN work better?
Connects2 Ltd

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Just reading this thread and curious to know if the 12V USB converter drains the battery as the fuses are permanently live on Canbus? Would an IGNI-GEN work better?
Connects2 Ltd
won't drain battery as connect to ignition positive fuse such as the 12v cigarette lighter which only comes on when ignition is on.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

·
11,711 Posts
Mines wired into the instrument panel fuse. That way the camera fires up as soon as the car is unlocked.

When the car is locked and the BSI goes into sleep mode a few minutes later the camera powers down.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Mines wired into the instrument panel fuse. That way the camera fires up as soon as the car is unlocked.

When the car is locked and the BSI goes into sleep mode a few minutes later the camera powers down.
Which Fuse is the instrument panel fuse please?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts