Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

As i seem to be on a roll fixing niggling issues, thought i would try and solve an annoying dashboard rattle i've had since buying the car.

2008 1.4 vti, and the rattle seems to be coming from the centre console somewhere behind the air vents. Has anyone had similar? or suggestions of things it could be.

Thanks

·
Registered
164 Posts
Carefully remove the silver plastic trim. I used a dinner knife wrapped in tape to protect from scratching. Once that's off it's a simple job to remove the upper centre console. It just needs the wiring to the info-screen to be disconnected. Then drive around and see if it still rattles. If it does you will have good access to try to identify what it is.

My guesses would be:-

Rubber grommet on radio securing contraption is missing or displaced. (this was the problem I had. Although I bought the car new the grommet was skewed)

If you've not had the car from new, one of the screws securing the upper console may be missing or loose( if somebody else has had it off....you would see this once the silver trim is removed)

Also check everything is secure regarding the heater/AC unit whichever one your car has.

The only warning I would give is ease off the silver plastic trim very carefully. They quite easily break. I found it best to start from one of the bottom corners and work around bit by bit, one clip at a time.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts