Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right guys someone give me an inclination about how this dashboard comes out please! I have heater issues and I am NOT going to cut the box open to fix ... that's just a nasty repair :nono:
Already tried the pen fix ... but lasted 5 minutes after 24 hours to cure, I need to get this dash out to effect a permanent repair and I'm not getting shafted £350 to get it done lol

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
No matter I went in through the side of the heater box ... If it breaks again I'll get rid of the car due to expense of repair

·
Registered
121 Posts
Did Peugeot ever fix the problem of weak air deflectors during the life of the 407.? Is my 2009 model just as likely to have this problem?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
pretty sure not as I don't think they ever did anything but a half arsed attempt at strengthened parts (look nearly the same to me) and nearly £80 for the flaps It's a rip off lol ... wouldn't be surprised if the 508 suffers from this too!
If the part is not fit for purpose then it should be on a recall list in my opinion

·
Registered
121 Posts
Hi Wayne, I assume all those links with line drawings and instructions come from service box? I've signed up to that but at £20/day to access the repair procedures it is too expensive for my occasional use.

However, If i pay and access the sites can I download the information and save it in say Pdf format? If so a few days access could enable me to copy most of what I would need for general repairs and maintenance. I have a Coupe and I can't find an independent manual anywhere, and the Haynes 407 saloon manual doesn't cover the 2.7hdi engine.

Ian

·
Registered
496 Posts
No I just bought the discs from ebay for a tenner. I opened the specific pages and saved them to a public folder in my dropbox account so you could view them. That's why the links within the pages (in red) are dead as you would need to install the program on your own PC for them to work. £20 a day??lol.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Looks like I'll be checking out Ebay tonight, do the disks cover the entire Peugeot range and are they easy to use?

·
Registered
496 Posts
Yes, the whole range (dependant on the year) you can just enter the VIN number and it will bring up manuals for that car, plenty folks on here have it I'm sure.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts