Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks,

I have this 'ECO Timer' with mins and secs on my dash display and I have no idea what it does or what it is for.

Can someone please explain what it's purpose is ?

I could find no reference in the book.

Also, there is an "ECO Off" button in the wee cubby hole to the right of the steering wheel.

I thought this would make the car turn off at traffic lights but alas it doesn't seem to do anything I can see.

Any help is appreciated :)

Pic attached...
Car Speedometer Motor vehicle Steering part Vehicle

Thanks...

·
Premium Member
2,915 Posts
It's just the amount of time the engine is stopped when the stop / start system is in operation during a journey.

ECO off button disables the stop / start system - if the button is lit up then the system is disabled.

There should be a green Eco symbol on the instrument cluster - if it flashes when you come to a stop, it means the system is operational BUT certain parameters are preventing the system from stopping the engine.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks...

I have never seen the counter go up at all in my 3 weeks of having the car.

The ECO off button is not enabled so the system should be enabled.

The green ECO symbol, yes, I have seen this flash " 3 times " a few times but thought nothing of it.

What would be the certain parameters that are stopping my engine, perhaps I have a fault or issue?

I would not mind this system working as I am one of those guys that likes to get the max amount of MPG's possible from the tank lol...

·
Registered
444 Posts
Special cases: STOP mode not available
STOP mode is not invoked when:
  • the driver's door is open,
  • the driver's seat belt is not fastened,
  • the vehicle has not exceeded 6 mph (10 km/h) since the last engine start using the key,
  • the electric parking brake is applied or being applied,
  • the engine is needed to maintain a comfortable temperature in the passenger compartment,
  • demisting is active,
  • some special conditions (battery charge, engine temperature, braking assistance, ambient temperature...) where the engine is needed to assure control of a system.

Special cases: START invoked automatically
START mode is invoked automatically when:
  • the driver's door is open,
  • the driver's seat belt is not fastened,
  • the speed of the vehicle exceeds 7 mph (11 km/h) with the electronic gear control gearbox,
  • the electric parking brake is being applied,
  • some special conditions (battery charge, engine temperature, braking assistance, ambient temperature...) where the engine is needed for control of a system.

·
Premium Member
2,915 Posts
Thanks...

I have never seen the counter go up at all in my 3 weeks of having the car.

The ECO off button is not enabled so the system should be enabled.

The green ECO symbol, yes, I have seen this flash " 3 times " a few times but thought nothing of it.

What would be the certain parameters that are stopping my engine, perhaps I have a fault or issue?

I would not mind this system working as I am one of those guys that likes to get the max amount of MPG's possible from the tank lol...

The ECO counter wont display a time until the stop / start system is operational during a journey.

All the counter displays is the amount of time the engine is stopped by the stop / start system during a journey.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Also the stop&go system relay with air controller... it working good between 23~27 degrees.
If the temperature is too low or too high it's not work.
Just ECO light is lighting twice.
Lighting twice is ECO SYSTEM working on.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts