Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a peugeot 508, 2013, THP. Sometimes the front display does not startup when the ignition is turned on, it usually starts arround 10-15mins later. at night it works fine. i noticed this issue is only during the day when its sunny. Could this be due to the heat? since im based in Dubai and temperatures go up to 40 degrees. Is this something that happens with other 508 owners? would appreciate any solutions and feedback. Thank you

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
I read somewhere the RT6 and it's fore bares do have a thermal cut off.
Designed to prevent spontaneous combustion.

I think you have sussed the problem already so other than parking in shade there won't be a lot you can do.

Grumpy

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks a lot for the info Grumpy, it makes sense now.

I ve noticed that the temp indicated on the rt6 is usually 5-10 degrees higher than the actual temp outside. This could be because of a faulty temperature sensor and subsequently the rt6 switches off as the limit is reached.

I guess if the temp sensor was changed, it might work.

can anyone tell me if the rt6 takes the temp reading from an external sensor mounted in the vehicle somewhere or does it have one built in.?

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
I'm sure the sensor is in one of the door mirrors. (Passenger side in the UK I think) Someone will put us right if not..
All of them will show a higher temperature when the car is standing in the sun and then reduce when you start driving. Mine said 32c when I got in my car yesterday the 25c after a few minutes driving.
Same as when I take it through the car wash, it can reduce by a few degrees due to the cold water. If this is what's happening to you then it's not faulty :thumb:

Grumpy

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ideally the rt6 should indicate the outside temperature.. when i check the current temp online. it is much much less than that indicated on the display.
for eg, if the actual temp in Dubai is 38 degrees, the displayed value would be 48 degrees.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
The point I make is that if the car is moving then the values within the car display will be near correct. It's when the car is standing still the values will be all wrong.
Are you saying the values are 10 deg c out even when driving? If so then you do have a knackered temperature gauge.
There will be a slight discrepancy with what the temperature is supposed to be because in the UK the temperature given on weather reports are air temperature in the shade. So it'll always be a few degrees higher in the sunshine what with reflected heat off roads and such.

Grumpy

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Guys,

My radio / satnav is dead on start up but comes alive 10 mins or so later which ties in with the above post but as my car is in the UK I'm not sure its temp related....

Any other ideas ?:(

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey. My satvnav works fine now.. I took my get to a local workshop, the guy connected his obd device and reset the fault codes. It didn't work immediately but over a week or so the sat nav was fine. I don't think it's a heat/sensor related issue.. ideally it should have worked immediately when the codes were reset. But I can't explain why it took about a week

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey. My satvnav works fine now.. I took my get to a local workshop, the guy connected his obd device and reset the fault codes. It didn't work immediately but over a week or so the sat nav was fine. I don't think it's a heat/sensor related issue.. ideally it should have worked immediately when the codes were reset. But I can't explain why it took about a week

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the same problem, not temp related. It seems to be the battery energy saver sensor cutting in, so I replaced the battery (it was over 7 years old anyway, so a likely suspect). But it didn’t help. Local dealership spent 2 hours with the diagnostic stuff, but no solution. They are recommending changing the radio, but I don’t buy that. The screen sometimes doesn’t come on at all, sometimes after 10-15 minutes, sometimes immediately.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts