Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious as to whether there is a lamp function test to check all dash warning lamps are working without needing Planet or Diagbox.

It's a 2006 HDi s 90 on a 55 plate. Most of the lights illuminate when I first turn on the ignition but I don't recall seeing the Stop or ABS warning light up. There may be others I haven't seen.

I have no warnings on the MFD and the car drives well. The ABS is fully functional so I'm pretty confident there are no issues but would like to know for sure that all the warning indicators are fully functional.

T.I.A

·
11,790 Posts
There's definitely something in one of the "actuators test" options on Planet.

The only test on a car is that they should light up and go out when the ignition is on.

I'll check it Sunday for you.

·
Registered
5,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There's definitely something in one of the "actuators test" options on Planet.

The only test on a car is that they should light up and go out when the ignition is on.

I'll check it Sunday for you.
Cheers Gibbo. Kinda thought that might be the case. Was reading another thread regarding MOT tests and warning lights and that got me wondering. It passed the last MOT with an advisory on a lower ball joint but without having a comprehensive history of the car, I'd just like to make sure all is well.

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
ive never come across it in peugeots but other car companies do stick an onboard computer that will do this and a guage sweep.

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
Another way to test all lights is to roll the car several times, the roll over ecu decided to turn everything on, even stopped the engine but im guessing thats ott for what your after :lol:

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
5,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Another way to test all lights is to roll the car several times, the roll over ecu decided to turn everything on, even stopped the engine but im guessing thats ott for what your after :lol:

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Yeah, I kinda get sick when rolling like that - wouldn't want to throw up just to check the lights. Gibbo ran a test on Sunday and they all seem to be ok.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts