Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a thought would fixing a dash cam to windscreen affect MOT test as you cant have air fresheners hanging up they take them down just wondering?

·
2,969 Posts
Hi..I think the manual says 'anything that obstructs the drivers view of the road 'or something like that..I always unclip mine to save the tester any doubts ,even though I've known him 15 years..so if you know the garage.pop in and ask a couple of days prior to test..Its a risk, as some testers might fail it but miss other things.....good luck

·
6,247 Posts
As long as it's on the passenger side of rear view mirror you will be fine. An extract from a DVSA notice to MOT testers says

The area 280mm wide area centred on the steering wheel must be free from obstructions and damage and for all other areas the driver must have clear vision of the road but not the sky or bonnet and excluding any factory fitted equipment.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

·
6,247 Posts
DVSA have a good little blog site called matters of testing which anyone can access which has some great info for free

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have my dash cam mounted on the passengers side behind the rear view mirror and routed the power cable along the sun visor and down the pillar through the glove box so all cabling is almost hidden.

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
My Peugeot dealer removes dash-cam during MOT. It is on the passenger side of the rearview mirror and is virtually obscured by the mirror but they still remove it from the screen. Kind of annoying as I cannot see it when driving so it doesn't obstruct my view and it needs to be re positioned correctly afterwards.

Guess the MOT examiner needs the seat further back and can see some of the camera body but it still wouldn't obscure any view of the road.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts