Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to fit a dash cam in my 3008 when it arrives can anyone advise me of the best place to take power from. Is it best to use the 12v plug or can you have it hard wired without creating a cambus system fault

·
Registered
765 Posts
I would like to fit a dash cam in my 3008 when it arrives can anyone advise me of the best place to take power from. Is it best to use the 12v plug or can you have it hard wired without creating a cambus system fault
You can wire it to the fusebox by accessing it through the panel in glovebox. Some of the dashcams come with a wiring kit that includes a piggyback fuseholder.

·
Registered
486 Posts

·
Registered
544 Posts
It's a pity that Peugeot didn't think of using the Visio 2 cameras to record accidents etc, would have been a unique selling point!
Oooh don't make things any more complicated X-ray! Look how the dealers have struggled to get the Tom Tom set up correctly without adding more technology for them to not understand :lol:

Good idea though

·
Registered
53 Posts
Oooh don't make things any more complicated X-ray! Look how the dealers have struggled to get the Tom Tom set up correctly without adding more technology for them to not understand :lol:

Good idea though
Haha yes I can imagine, I have a way of thinking up these things, pity the manufacturers don't have a scheme where you can sen in your ideas though!

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
I imagine the additional cost will be far greater than buying an after market camera from Halfords, and fitting it yourself. The proposed Garmin for Peugeot/Citroen may be a permanent fixture, which will make it less versatile than fitting your own.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Wonder if it can be retro fitted to the 3008
I have looked at the link and think that he maybe talking about the sensor and camera already fitted to the 3008 for the emergency braking etc. It would be great if that camera could also be used for recording your journey, possibly plug in some sort or recording device. What do you think PEUGEOT!!

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
If so let's hope the camera is better quality than the reversing camera, and the forward facing one in the Visio 2 pack, both of which are very low resolution, and unacceptable given the price of the option.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.