Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I have a transend dash cam. it has been witness to a few things already (not relating to my car)
Question is i have one of those piggyback fuse holders wired to a 3 socket cig lighter thing and want to hard wire that to a fuse that only comes on when the key is inserted.
The book i have from peugeot doesnt match my fuse box and the computer in the garage doesnt match my layout either.

What fuse would i use on the 2,2 hdi 407 to hard wire into the glovebox?

At the moment the wire runs from the rear 12v socket along the middle and straight up to where it is under the rear view mirror, looks very untidy.

Any help and pictures would be great. all wires are ready to go.

Thanks
David

·
Registered
852 Posts
I'll be doing this to my 407 2.0 HDi coupe when it gets a bit warmer, so I can let you know what to do.

I think there are two ways to do it, in the glovebox, the fusebox is there. You can either use a fuse tap and take the power using that from the cigarette lighter fuse (2amp fuse for the dashcam should suffice) but I think there is also a accessories fuse pop out that you can also take power from.

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
The Nextbase hardwire kit I bought suggested choosing a fuse at least 10 amps. The piggyback already had a suitable fuse for the camera fitted. Remove the original fuse and fit it to the empty space in the piggybak connector and plug it into the space left vacant. The cable is plenty long enough to feed inside the roof liner, down the pillar behind the trim, tuch behind the door rubber and bring out below the dsh to feed into the BSI and still have plenty of cable to spare.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
very easy to fit tbh, mine is done the same way as storeman has set up.

here is a good video to explain how to find a good fuse to use!!!

https://youtu.be/bdg6eAs6loI
That is a good video and i have a cable fed along the roof and down the pillar etc but not used til i hard wire.
i have no diagrams that match the layout of my fuse box.
the book doesnt match at all and nothing on the lid of the fuse box to tell me what is what.
i have numbers in the glovebox that arent in the book and not in the right order either.

Any picture of the 2.2 hdi fuse box with annotations would be great. then i could set it up by the weekend when i finally do my fuel filter too.
Altho i blame the morrisons fuel for stutter as asda fuel has gave me no issues at all.

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
Morrisons fuel I believe has a percentage of Bio diesel in it and not all engines get on well with even a small percentage of bio diesel. In tests I have done in the past the worst fuel for the cars I tested on were Sainsbury's very closely beaten by Morrisons.

Both these supermarkets tend to have the lowest pump prices but in my experience are actually the most expensive to run (apart from the premium offerings from Shell).

I personally have never had any issues from Tesco fuel and neither Shell or BP have been able to significantly beat the Tesco fuel for MPG or better running. Strangely enough, the only esso station I know of near me is not on any of the usual routes I take and would mean going several miles out of my way to fill up so I've never tested it and to be honest, even if it did give better MPG, any savings would be negated with the extra travel and time involved.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Morrisons fuel I believe has a percentage of Bio diesel in it and not all engines get on well with even a small percentage of bio diesel. In tests I have done in the past the worst fuel for the cars I tested on were Sainsbury's very closely beaten by Morrisons.

Both these supermarkets tend to have the lowest pump prices but in my experience are actually the most expensive to run (apart from the premium offerings from Shell).

I personally have never had any issues from Tesco fuel and neither Shell or BP have been able to significantly beat the Tesco fuel for MPG or better running. Strangely enough, the only esso station I know of near me is not on any of the usual routes I take and would mean going several miles out of my way to fill up so I've never tested it and to be honest, even if it did give better MPG, any savings would be negated with the extra travel and time involved.
All UK diesel has 5% biodiesel in it (B5), regardless whether it is Asda standard or BP Ultimate.

All HDi's from 1998 can run 30% bio diesel without an issue according to Peugeot. Morrisons used to have a B30 available as a trial on a different pump but that was cancelled a very long time ago.

Personally I only fuel up at Shell / BP / Esso, it's the additives package which makes the difference - On my 306 HDi, the engine still runs perfectly at 245k on the clocks.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
All UK diesel has 5% biodiesel in it (B5), regardless whether it is Asda standard or BP Ultimate.

All HDi's from 1998 can run 30% bio diesel without an issue according to Peugeot. Morrisons used to have a B30 available as a trial on a different pump but that was cancelled a very long time ago.

Personally I only fuel up at Shell / BP / Esso, it's the additives package which makes the difference - On my 306 HDi, the engine still runs perfectly at 245k on the clocks.
interesting info there.

went a bit off topic, sorry about that.

Let me know when you wire up your dash cam, info on the fuse used would be great too.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Well I am well and truly stuck as well.... I have 'successfully' wired in the dashcam....however I still don't truly know which fuse to use! My manual states that "F9" is the front + rear cigg lighter fuse however that is powered permanently, even though the ports aren't.

There's a few fuses that aren't though and I wired it into 'F12' however that receives power when unlocking or opening the doors.

'F1' according to my manual and INFOTEC Peugeot Servicebox is "not used". Well it apparently is as it has a 15a fuse in and it does cut the power to that fuse when the car is locked so it would be the perfect fuse to use and I am going to change it to that.

My fusebox does follow the layout as suggested in the manual though, so maybe F1 is the one for me?

Does anybody know which fuse to tap into for a dashcam!? :confused: (My car is a late 2008 Peugeot 407 Coupe 2.0 HDI)

Once I figure out the right fuse, I have taken plenty of photo's so I can do a decent write-up.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts