Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Peugeot 4007, 2013.
1,959 Posts
I don't own your vehicle (RHD, 4007) but generally speaking they are all the same. The cables can be hidden under roof linear, then run down the passenger side (assuming RHD) along with cables already there (make sure to wrap around them into the existing cables to avoid becoming entangled if/when the side airbag is in deployment) and use the power from the cabin fuse box.

You use piggyback fuse like these (make sure to select the right type) to suit and multimeter to determine the power requirements (ie, always on and possibly when ignition is acc/on).

As another option to dashcam, if you find them taking up your visibility/window space, are good LCD mirror replacements (eBay or AliExpress) that incorporate 4k or 2k dashcam (with or without AHD, GPS, Navigation, Crash lock and movement/theft detection) and a reverse camera.

Hope you find this helpful.

·
Registered
221 Posts
For a few years I had been using a cheap (€35) YI dash cam - it offered good image quality and features for low price.
Now I got a Viofo A119v3 which again, in my opinion, offers really good quality to price ratio, tbh the image quality is better than on some much more expensive devices.
As for the cables, they hide quite nicely between the windshield and the roof lining, then in the A pillar (or the door rubber seal, and then into the fuse box (driver side) or under the glove box to the USB port. I didn't find a way of hiding the cable between the glove box and the USB/12v socket so this part remains visible.

·
Registered
2021 5008 1,5 Eat8 AllurePack Platinum Grey
104 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
i installed original one from citroen

1 - 5 of 5 Posts