Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ever get dashcam fitted front and back of their 5009? Do peugeot do it in their garages and if not wp yuld anyone like to recommend a model they got fitted themselves.

Many thanks

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
I have a Nextbase Duo HD which I fitted myself to my new 3008. The process would be identical in the 5008.

This dashcam, has two cameras in the front fitted unit, which I mounted behind the rear view mirror. The rear zoom lens looks through the car and captures events behind. Its fine as long as you don't always have three people in the rear all the time.

The Nextbase hard wire kit is wired back to a fuse tap in the passenger side fusebox and fitting is pretty easy, without major disassembly or issues.

Halfords do the hardwire kit including fitting for a very reasonable sum (£30ish), but I did it myself.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I have a Thinkware F770 fitted with front and back cameras. I fitted it myself but was unable to find a permanantly live fuse for park recording. The fuse recommended by another 3008 owner wasn't permanantly live on mine. To make matters a little more difficult, several runs of chunky wiring loom had been run in front of the fusebox making access tricky so I gave in and got a Cellink battery pack instead.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
This dashcam, has two cameras in the front fitted unit, which I mounted behind the rear view mirror. The rear zoom lens looks through the car and captures events behind. .
Not being funny but how does the rear camera see through the car if it's mounted behind the mirror? Is it possible to post a picture as I'm thinking of this setup myself. :thumb:

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
My posting here #203 shows some photos:

https://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/3008-2017-138/dashcam-fitting-265874/index21.html

The rear lens is a zoom lens and picks up reg numbers behind whilst driving.

I have since got a new 2018 3008 and reinstalled the duohd myself (rather than using Halfords). That allowed me to be a bit more flexible with the position. The rear lens does of course need to be able to see the rear window.

There is some YouTube footage on one of the posts showing the front and rear views. Post #181 here:

https://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/3008-2017-138/dashcam-fitting-265874/index19.html

It saves an awful lot of fiddling about to not have to run wiring from the rear to the front. One camera does it all.

If you search on nextbase or duohd on the 3008 2017 forum, there are quite a lot of posts including photos.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Many thanks for that, it looks to be just what I want. I have found that a camera placed at the rear of the car causes radio interference because the rear window heater element is used for the aerial, so one at the front looking rearwards should solve that problem.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts