Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
failed its mot this morning:

Flexi pipe needs repairing, (big hole in it)
1 tyre to the front (1's got a buldge)
O/S Front lower rear suspension arm bush torn
Battery insecure
Both hedlight aims out

Advisories:
1 tyre is on legal limit
N/S Front lower rear suspension arm bush has play.
front discs warn (there's a 2mm lip on them)
cracked o/s mirror (get stick on replacement)

So main things,2 new tyres,exhaust needs welding up and suspension arms replacing and secuing the battery.Headlights theyll sort that and battery hasnt a bolt in it (never noticed)
£12 for pair of lower bushes,
£50 for 2 part worn tyres
£70 for fixing exhaust (welding and cost of flexi pipe kit)

we knew exhaust was blowing but didn realise how bad,it is loud tho. Hopefully when fixed we should see an improvemsnt and also in steering.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the garage who mot'd it is doing it,yeah its part of the cat. unbolt it,cut it out to shape and weld a new piece in. you can buy flexi pipe kits.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
aye..just glad it can be repaird tbh and not needed a new part. Had a feeling exhaust was blowing but didnt know where from. Other bits are simple but i didnt really need it right now,house payment went out last week and its ma bday in 2 weeks. :/

·
Registered
593 Posts
What car is it? I know how u feel. I had a 206 flexi went. But it went. In half. New full set. £££ . Now my 307 both rear exhaust mounts gone. Luckily theres a cross beam below it so it fell onto that instead of onto road. Bought new ones but wrong ones lol. No receipt . Godam it. One thing after anither. But for a 52 plate she aint that bad.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
same as yours (see my sig text) if thats yours in the pic :D

I swapped my cyclones for the 5 spoke 16's and on driving something was wobbling/vibrating its head of,felt proper unsafe :/ upon inspection at national tyres needed 2 new tyres as 1 was 10 years old with bulge on (causing vibration) and other was low. Thing is id just paid for 2 new on mine so i made the guy give me the money for 2 new ones. now i need 2 more :/
I just replaced the rear discs and pads last week (now they were shocking lol) no padding left on the pads at all,just metal thing itself and the discs were thin and rusty up lol Few month ago somethin was knocking at back,turns out the back box mount had snapped so needed new mount. was resting/banging on the heatshield.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It does and it should be right after tomorrow :) They've given me a little Yaris to fly around in (its a lil go cart lol) I got 2 new tyres and visited 3 scrap yards for a battery clamp and bolt lol The garage are doing the welding and front bottom arms (42.50ea) 30 for the welding and only charging an hour for the bottom arms rather than 2 :) All in all it's costing £220 inc vat ..not to mention 50 for to part warns this afternoon , Oh and mot price at 30. :(

·
Registered
593 Posts
same as yours (see my sig text) if thats yours in the pic :D

I swapped my cyclones for the 5 spoke 16's and on driving something was wobbling/vibrating its head of,felt proper unsafe :/ upon inspection at national tyres needed 2 new tyres as 1 was 10 years old with bulge on (causing vibration) and other was low. Thing is id just paid for 2 new on mine so i made the guy give me the money for 2 new ones. now i need 2 more :/
I just replaced the rear discs and pads last week (now they were shocking lol) no padding left on the pads at all,just metal thing itself and the discs were thin and rusty up lol Few month ago somethin was knocking at back,turns out the back box mount had snapped so needed new mount. was resting/banging on the heatshield.
car in my pic is mine but its been modified since then.
:thumb:
Alsoi couldnt see your sig as i was on the phone app.
Have you got the car sorted then or not?:confused:

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ive always paid 30,they charge 40 but i get them at 30 as ive ben going few years with cars. The lads that do it are alright,they wont rip it to bits but if its unsafe then it cant be helped. blowing flexipipe,perished bushes and tyres are main thing.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Cars done,goit it back at half 4 this afternoon rather than the 2pm they told me..didnt pay any extra as they quoted me a price and time scale,not my fault it took them longer than expected.
Inc MOT it cost us £302 :( They didnt weld a part on the flexi,in the end they chopped it off and welded a new one on (sourced one anyway). It drives better now with new bottom arms,tyres nad a non blowing exhaust..can tell a difference with the turbo now,can feel it kick..unless its cos ive not drive it for 2 days?? but pretty sure there's a big difference lol

1 - 14 of 14 Posts