Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone

It looks as though we are going to have to replace the n/s door mirror on my sons 307cc so can anyone tell me if this has to be done from the inside of the car and in which case is the trim easy to take off?

·
Registered
119 Posts
There is a black plastic trim on the inside which pops off really easily, exposing I think 3 bolts that need to be undone.

The door card/moulding needs to come off to access the lower bolt and to disconnect wiring for the mirror.

Gently prise off the silver trim around the door handle. Undo 3x torx screws (One by the speaker, one by the window switch, one at the back of the door). Once screws are undone slide something thin, plastic and rigid (like a spatula) between the door moulding and door frame and lever the moulding away from the door. There is a series of 6 concealed plastic clips around the inner edge which are designed to break off when prising off the moulding - youll need to buy replacement clips:

10x Peugeot Interior Door Moulding Panel Card Trim Clips / Fasteners 6991.S6 | eBay

Once all clips are released pull the moulding gently away from the doorframe and lift upwards to remove. Be aware not to pull on speaker + window wiring.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you very much for the help and instruction, much appreciated. All I have to do now is buy a new mirror. Any thoughts on anything other than an original from Peugeot?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Many thanks for the replies. One thing that I forgot to mention is that the car is a CC, dont think that it makes any difference in terms of the dooor trim but the mirrors units are harder to get hold of, however I have tracked a blue one down on ebay and as the outer cover on my sons is ok we can simply swop them over, I hope

Thanks once again and I have a feeling that I will be back at some time in the future

1 - 5 of 5 Posts