Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hiiii all

i need help here and bright ideas,,i have a 307 2.0cc model 2003 last week we had haevy rains and when i passed with my car in a shallow pool of water the engine went of apprently the engineer in the garage told me a piston is jammed and the engine needs to be replaced if i replace the engine then this will be the second time i do that!!

so i was thinking of replacing the engine with a stronger engine maybe something with a turbo for better intake,,is that possiable or will i need to change everything even with the gearbox? i dont want to put the same engine again hope to get some ideas from you guys,,,thanks all

·
Registered
9,733 Posts
To go to Diesel you`ll even have to change the ECU`s in the car , better of buying a different car for the amount of money you`ll be out.:(

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your reply,,but I don't mean to change the engine to turbo diesel I mean to change it to patrol turbo boost engine

C

·
0 Posts
You'll either need to fix your engine and source and fit a turbo conversion, or figure how to fit a THP engine from a 207, 308 or 3008, if you can find one. Both options will be very expensive, probably massively in excess the cost of a new car.

Considering it runs a 5 bearing crank I'd be surprised if the motor were totally wrecked. Had a couple in my spannering days and all revived well with new conrods on the offending cylinder.

I know how high the air intake is on a 307, and think there's a lesson in there.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
chopper1192 said:
You'll either need to fix your engine and source and fit a turbo conversion, or figure how to fit a THP engine from a 207, 308 or 3008, if you can find one. Both options will be very expensive, probably massively in excess the cost of a new car.

Considering it runs a 5 bearing crank I'd be surprised if the motor were totally wrecked. Had a couple in my spannering days and all revived well with new conrods on the offending cylinder.

I know how high the air intake is on a 307, and think there's a lesson in there.
So chopper ur saying change the engine to the same 307 engine is the cheapest option? Okay the 206 gti has the same engine as 307 right? If I fix that engine will it work?

C

·
0 Posts
I'd say see if the current engine can be repaired, and if not replace it like for like.

Even an engine from another pug is liable to require wholesale changes to the engine management, ECU, loom, mounts, gearbox etc. Fix it or replace with the same again. Or bin it and buy a Landy with a snorkel.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
chopper1192 said:
I'd say see if the current engine can be repaired, and if not replace it like for like.

Even an engine from another pug is liable to require wholesale changes to the engine management, ECU, loom, mounts, gearbox etc. Fix it or replace with the same again. Or bin it and buy a Landy with a snorkel.
yeah sounds right,,fixing the engine is not possiable as they say at the garage so it will have to be changed:(

1 - 7 of 7 Posts