Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, i have a 2006 307 HDi 1.6 90bhp.

1. I have noticed a strange waffle square thing under the car on drivers sid about halfway along, what is this?

2. My car is a 90bhp according to the sticker, so what is the thing that looks like a radiator next to my actual radiator on the front driver side of engine. Looks like an intercooler to me but i may be wrong. any idea what it is?

3. Can someone confirm that i do not have the DMF also?

·
Registered
406 Posts
fatsweaty said:
Ok, i have a 2006 307 HDi 1.6 90bhp.

1. I have noticed a strange waffle square thing under the car on drivers sid about halfway along, what is this?

2. My car is a 90bhp according to the sticker, so what is the thing that looks like a radiator next to my actual radiator on the front driver side of engine. Looks like an intercooler to me but i may be wrong. any idea what it is?

3. Can someone confirm that i do not have the DMF also?

1/ air con condenser????

2/interesting-does it have a lower hose and upper hose connection? sounds like an intercooler which is fitted to that side on a 110.

3/if it is a 90 then no DMF

drop bettyswallocks a pm with your VIN-he will be able to give you all your cars info.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Purejoe......

The pic you posted , the thing i have is exactly like the intercooler on the right of your pic. It has 2 weird shaped hoses on the top (like curvy), one of which goes directly to the turbo.

So it is an intercooler.......which is weird as my car is a 90bhp model?

Bought from a pug main dealer ex motobility car. 2006 November 56 reg.

Am i missing something?

The other item (square waffle item) is under the drivers door.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Hmmm... I was a bit bothered too. So I looked further and found this quote,
the black unit that sits on the near side of the engine this would be your throttle body or air doser
The pic has the title "Air air" something but the site I took it from (Service Box see above) is, I suspect, a translation from French

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
here is a link to a pic that is identical to my HDi engine. The part i think is an intercooler is on the left of the engine at the front under a panel next to the radiator by the heatshield. There are 2 hoses going to it , the part in question can't be seen in this pic but deffo looks like an intercooler.

Did the 90bhp HDi's come with an intercooler on later models , all paperwork says my vehicle is a 90, so does the sticker on the side of door pillar. However i am surprised that the car feels quick and responsive (something that a lot of owners of 90's don't usually say ). Confused.

link........

http://www.caradvice.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/tc207-swengine.jpg

1 - 11 of 11 Posts