Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a brand new 2019 508 bought in June 2019 and have issues with the DAB radio.

As soon as you are moving it loses the DAB station, any station and comes up with DAB Station lost. AM/FM is fine.

The car has been back to the dealer 5 times now and they have replaced the radio unit, antenna, added a booster, etc but nothing has worked

Has anybody seen this before or know how it has been resolved?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a brand new 2019 508 bought in June 2019 and have issues with the DAB radio.

As soon as you are moving it loses the DAB station, any station and comes up with DAB Station lost. AM/FM is fine.

The car has been back to the dealer 5 times now and they have replaced the radio unit, antenna, added a booster, etc but nothing has worked

Has anybody seen this before or know how it has been resolved?
Hello M,

I too have this issue with my GT Line. I have taken it to the main dealer garage today but they said there were no fault codes??
They said they would raise it with Peugeot and report back to me. I'm picking the car back up in the morning.
Do you have any more news on yours please?

Thanks,

Deano

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not yet.....

They replaced the radio unit and things are better but the DAB is still lost a lot of the time.

It is going back in again tomorrow for another wiring harness so I will know more Wednesday

Andy

·
Premium Member
685 Posts
Not yet.....

They replaced the radio unit and things are better but the DAB is still lost a lot of the time.

It is going back in again tomorrow for another wiring harness so I will know more Wednesday

Andy
I have the same issue. Also mine does not automatically retune to traffic announcements when in DAB mode.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So they have managed to fix the issue

The problem was actually one of the rear lights!!!

One of the engineers was talking to somebody on a course and he suggested it. They unplugged all the rear lights and with the radio on plugged them back in one by one. everytime the plugged in the same light the DAB station was lost. Ordered and fitted a new drivers side rear unit and the problem has gone away.

Very weird but at least it is fixed

·
Premium Member
685 Posts
Interesting but very odd. Let’s hope the detail is reported back so all dealers get a bulletin. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
5 Posts
So they have managed to fix the issue

The problem was actually one of the rear lights!!!

One of the engineers was talking to somebody on a course and he suggested it. They unplugged all the rear lights and with the radio on plugged them back in one by one. everytime the plugged in the same light the DAB station was lost. Ordered and fitted a new drivers side rear unit and the problem has gone away.

Very weird but at least it is fixed
Hi I have just bought 508 69 plate gt line, radio is exactly the same. I will mention the light issue when I get in touch with the dealer. Cheers.

·
Registered
5 Posts
So after nearly 5 months problem sorted new areiel in boot didn't work they eventually replaced both rear light clusters as fault was related to brake lights which I told them about on my first visit, and each time I brought car in!!

·
Registered
2019 508 GT FASTBACK
7 Posts
Nice to hear that ,it must be a rare fault as well
Maybe not so rare, ever since I bought my 508 in back in May ive noticed poor reception but noticeably it loses it completely when I touch the brakes.
How would I stand with getting it fixed, is it warranty or not the car age is March 2019

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi. It's covered under the warranty, mines 2019. Having said mine was OK it's more like 90% ok now. Having driven around a few places, still loses signal on rare occasions where it must be a weak signal and braking also still affects it in these areas. I can live with it as it is now though.

·
Premium Member
685 Posts
Hi. It's covered under the warranty, mines 2019. Having said mine was OK it's more like 90% ok now. Having driven around a few places, still loses signal on rare occasions where it must be a weak signal and braking also still affects it in these areas. I can live with it as it is now though.
There’s a comment somewhere on here that the poor DAB reception was fixed by replacing one of the rear lights. So that might well be pointing to a brake light in your case above. This will definitely be covered by the three year warranty.

·
Registered
2019 508 GT FASTBACK
7 Posts
Just out of curiosity, where is the the aerial transformer or whatever it is, so that I can check connections because to be honest even the fm radio isn't able to stay tuned, and I live just outside of London where radio is ultra strong and varied.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts