Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I currently have a Peugeot 307, and as my country is starting to shutdown the FM radio in the beginning of 2017 I need some tips and suggestions on what kind of DAB solutions I can have in my car. I honestly wanted to have it intergrated with the system so I get all the functions etc, but I have a feeling that since the car is almost 10 years it's not possible?

I found some radio on ebay that has DAB and mP3 from Sony.
(I am not able to paste the link here because of some restrictions, but it can be found if you search for "Peugeot 307 DAB radio car stereo Sony CDX-DAB500U CD player with USB AUX in" on eBay)

Will I lose any functions and if so, what functions?

I am also open for other suggestions, such as switching the whole display etc if there are good prices for this.

Thank you :)

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
I fitted Dab in my 307 few months back and only thing I can say I should have done it sooner, one thing I will say don't buy or use the windscreen aerial as they are crap! I got the Alpine's INE-W925R used the windscreen aerial and yes it did work but it would cut out when out of a city and on country roads.

I then got advice from a good mate that does car audio installs to remove it and buy a outside one I can confirm that this part number: CT27UV53 from connects2 works and fits a treat sorted my issue right away.

I noticed that many of the FM/AM channels would drop in and out when moving had stopped with this upgrade.

as for losing any functions you wont unless your car is a newer 307 with canbus wiring as some of the menus on the radio are for setting up the car
ect.

if it was me I would go for a full screen double din with satnav ect give you a upgraded fell if you want to stay with the 307 longer as many new cars come with big screens and satnav and you cant upgrade them some you can some you cant when I look for a new car I will be making sure I can upgrade the audio as I like my sound quality.;)

·
11,780 Posts
(I am not able to paste the link here because of some restrictions, but it can be found if you search for "Peugeot 307 DAB radio car stereo Sony CDX-DAB500U CD player with USB AUX in" on eBay)
A very good stereo, I have one, but I preferred the stock radio in my 308, so its up for sale.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How about Pioneer AVH-X3800DAB or Kenwood DPX-7000DAB? Any experience? I found these as cheap, but as they say. Cheap is almost always the worst.

I also reminded myself that there is bluetooth in this car, but from what I've seen and tried out its only possible to handle calls from it.

In a video posted by Peugeot UK Official channel on YouTube, they show how the bluetooth system works and that you can play music over the bluetooth system. (Since I am a new member, I can't post the link).

Is this possible? Or is it maybe some software update that I need to do? Because I read somewhere that there is possible to update the system somehow.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Most of the new headunits have Bluetooth streaming audio mine does it had its handy as I keep my phone in my pocket and it pairs soon as I get in and I can skip thought my music on my phone thought the headunit also good thing is if you use your phone to watch youtube when your in the car waiting or having a break ect, you can listen to the audio thought the speakers in the car nice touch when you show someone a video and they cant hear it on your phones built in speaker :thumb:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Most of the new headunits have Bluetooth streaming audio mine does it had its handy as I keep my phone in my pocket and it pairs soon as I get in and I can skip thought my music on my phone thought the headunit also good thing is if you use your phone to watch youtube when your in the car waiting or having a break ect, you can listen to the audio thought the speakers in the car nice touch when you show someone a video and they cant hear it on your phones built in speaker :thumb:
What model do you have, 307?

I haven't been able to play music over the bluetooth, only calls are being handled.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I currently have a Peugeot 307, and as my country is starting to shutdown the FM radio in the beginning of 2017 I need some tips and suggestions on what kind of DAB solutions I can have in my car. I honestly wanted to have it intergrated with the system so I get all the functions etc, but I have a feeling that since the car is almost 10 years it's not possible?

Will I lose any functions and if so, what functions?

I am also open for other suggestions, such as switching the whole display etc if there are good prices for this.

Thank you :)
Being from the same country (I assume as we are the only country that bothers with DAB because why not spend billions on technology that is already obsolete) I myself use streaming radio via the fancy magic computer phone and a $25 ebay aux solution, while the gf had her bithday and I installed a nice pioneer player in hers.
The Pioneer DEH-X7800DAB. I always liked Pioneers and it comes with everything you need including a microphone. The reception is brilliant, a lot better than those tinyaudio things that are sold everywhere.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts