Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I have a 308sw 1.6 BlueHDI Style from 2015.

Unfortunately my car did not come with DAB+ Tuner in the radio. It was an option at the time but it costed way to much for what i got. My car have navigation from the factory, if that makes any difference to the type/build of the radio unit.

I have spoken to my dealer, and he said they could install it, i asked him if it was the whole radio unit that should be changed, but he told me that it was "just" a module that needed to be inserted.

My question is now. Have any of you found where to buy this DAB+ module as a spare part and installed it with success ?.

I am not interested in aftermarket solutions like a DAB+ tuner that sends signals via FM, Bluetooth or have to be connected to AUX or USB. It should work as if it came from the factory and be selectable like a source (like FM, CD, Bluetooth).

Thank you all very much in advance for looking at this post.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Have nobody tried to do this or have everybody else settled for the third party options?

My apologies but i do think that somebody have tried this, dont be shy :thumb:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Technically it is possible. After installation the hardware you should activate it with PP2000 DiagBox. It should work.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do you realy need DAB? I mean, is there some problem with FM coverage?
I would really like to have DAB+ tuner due to the superior sound quality in Denmark and it has better coverage on the route i usually drive to work and home.

Besides, in Denmark they will close the FM radio due to space needed for 5G.
I Believe they will close it in the end of 2017 or beginning of 2018.

·
Registered
462 Posts
I appreciate my DAB+ here in the UK, but hate to think if I were in your situation how much the cost would be.

·
Registered
878 Posts
I would really like to have DAB+ tuner due to the superior sound quality in Denmark and it has better coverage on the route i usually drive to work and home.

Besides, in Denmark they will close the FM radio due to space needed for 5G.
I Believe they will close it in the end of 2017 or beginning of 2018.
Huh, according that the importer/dealer should order models with DAB, not as optional but with no possibility to sell just with FM.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I appreciate my DAB+ here in the UK, but hate to think if I were in your situation how much the cost would be.
Well the Dealer told me it would be 2000DKK, thats 236,14£ or 268,94€. that is with everything, labor and parts.

Huh, according that the importer/dealer should order models with DAB, not as optional but with no possibility to sell just with FM.
I dont think that is the case, even today. I just took a look a Peugeot DK page and they still have DAB as a option only. Citroen doesn't even have DAB in DK, Only Renault have it as standard in their trim levels.

If it is completely impossible to get parts and install them yourself, i will maybe consider a Android radio from china... at least this way i get way more features and can add reverse camera without chaning to much in the vehicle code.

https://www.aliexpress.com/wholesal...ative_id=SB_20170705031426&isViewCP=y&catId=0

·
Registered
12 Posts
Well the Dealer told me it would be 2000DKK, thats 236,14£ or 268,94€. that is with everything, labor and parts.

I dont think that is the case, even today. I just took a look a Peugeot DK page and they still have DAB as a option only. Citroen doesn't even have DAB in DK, Only Renault have it as standard in their trim levels.

If it is completely impossible to get parts and install them yourself, i will maybe consider a Android radio from china... at least this way i get way more features and can add reverse camera without chaning to much in the vehicle code.

https://www.aliexpress.com/wholesal...ative_id=SB_20170705031426&isViewCP=y&catId=0
Hello GBDK I'm also from Denmark
My local Peugeot dealer doesn't know much about installing the Dab upgrade. They say it isn't possible, and they don't care that much about the situation, because the new car models will have Carplay installed. And that is what most customers want.
Can tell where you where offered to get it installed for 2000 kr?
Thanks

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
I was looking at the radio specs and schematics for newer radios with built in bluetooth and usb connectivity and it looks to me like the DAB enabled radios have the DAB built in its not a separate module so if thats the case it would be a new head unit needed even if it is a separate module it is a module IN the radio that is missing this was for 2014 model radios so not latest models but i doubt much has changed in 3 years :)

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hello GBDK I'm also from Denmark
My local Peugeot dealer doesn't know much about installing the Dab upgrade. They say it isn't possible, and they don't care that much about the situation, because the new car models will have Carplay installed. And that is what most customers want.
Can tell where you where offered to get it installed for 2000 kr?
Thanks
Hey Claus,

It was in Peugeot Næstved - Henrik Hansen Automobiler A/S.
Transportbuen 2, 4700 Næstved
Phone: 55 77 40 41

Unfortunately i don't have it in writing, it was during a service i asked them about it, if it was possible at all or if it would require a change of the whole head-unit.
That was when i was told it was possible and it would cost 2000dkr.

But give them a call and hear if they would still do it for 2000dkr. my is a 2015 308sw style.

I was looking at the radio specs and schematics for newer radios with built in bluetooth and usb connectivity and it looks to me like the DAB enabled radios have the DAB built in its not a separate module so if thats the case it would be a new head unit needed even if it is a separate module it is a module IN the radio that is missing this was for 2014 model radios so not latest models but i doubt much has changed in 3 years :)
Well i don't know much about the newer head-units, but when i look at the options lists they still list DAB+ as an extra. so it doesn't look like it is standard, in Denmark at least.

Do you by any chance know of the head-units from 2015?

The only automaker i have seen in DK that have it as standard on all levels is Renault.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Why not see if a French dealer can help? Like the one in Calais as they will probably deal with English speaking clients.

The HW will be the same in all regions, PSA group wouldn't regionalise this bit of HW.

GARAGE RETAUX, garage et concessionnaire Peugeot à DESVRES.

DAMIDE, garage et concessionnaire Peugeot à LONGUENESSE.
Hi ShereKhan,

Yes that is a very good idea in general. The only thing is, i am not from the UK, im from Denmark.. there is a bit of distance to Calais ;-).

But i have thought about trying a Dealer in Germany or Poland as i have driven to these before.. that should be cheaper.

Obak. i cant reply to private messages yet as i dont have 20 posts yet.. but i have a 2015 308SW Style.. it doesn't have rear-camera and i dont think it was possible at the time in Denmark.. it still looks like it is a extra from the equipment lists.

·
Premium Member
3,058 Posts
As there is no DAB service in most of France (apart from Paris) I doubt a French dealer would be able to help.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts