Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:confused:
Hi
I know in the translation of Japanese dvd players that it should be a fried egg placed on the disk tray and not an omelette as stated in the manual - so how do I stand with a frogs legs deal.. Yes I own a peugeot. A 207 sw s with a 1.6 litre petrol engine.
I now have a similar problem with their translation - the fuel filler cap says RON95/97.Whereas my local garage 'SHELL' sells unleaded and 'v' power unleaded.
The inference is that normal unleaded may only be 93 RON where the 'V' power is said to be RON99 equivalent. Yet other info i gleened suggests that base unleaded is 95 RON and super unleaded is 97 RON. All this hype is not frustrating but slightly annoying.
I mean if a manufacturer states a variant and is basiclly saying :-
"I would try the lower priced first and if it doesn't pink then just carry on - you'll be allright - TRUST ME(American/Francaise) - but if the engine slightly knocks eat the left leg! and leave the other one to run on"
If they dont know why do we bother buying from them?
Does the 95/97 'sticker' mean I can use either - does anyone know OR are they suggesting that RON 95/97 is 'super' unleaded band.
Any erudite mechanic please advise this poor unfortunate that has strayed from 'good old british produce'
regards
snapper
:nono:

G

·
Hi

If your car was destined for the eurpoean market, then it will run on 95-100 RN without problems, and stil run to the desired spec.

If you run poorer RON fuel, as you say, it will pink, but the ignition timing will be retarded by the ecu and the car may well run hotter.

The lower the RON the less advance the ignition can run at, and as RON gets lower, the horses that your car will make will reduce too.

Net result? buy the highest RON you can afford - but dont bother with anything higher than super as you are very likley to notice unless your car has been tuned or remapped to take advantage o fthe increase.

D

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ron super unleaded

:rolleyes:
Hi
Many thanx for the prompt response
Super unleaded it is then and I assume that Shell V-Power from my local 'fill up' will do the job
regards
:thumb:

G

·
Hi

The shell v-power is excellent if your car can use it...

If the car is not a sporty version or has never been remapped, then I would not waste the cash over the price of super unleaded.

Best let your "butt-dyno" judge - stick a full tank of super in and see if it makes any difference. It may take a number of miles for the ecu to relearn.

D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.