Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 307 had the dreaded ap fault come up yesterday with the engine light and limp mode. As i need the car up and running asap i thought i'd give my local garage a go as they have been great with my previous cars.
They took it in and found the oil for the dpf was empty, after filling and clearing codes etc. (even given the outside a wash) charged me £233 which at such short notice i thought was ok.
One thing they did mention was it had a memory in the ecu of the "fuel flap micro switch" not working at some point??? It's working ok atm but could go pop at any time. Anyone else heard of this?
Apparently this switch is what activates the injection of oil into the dpf, each time you fill up it adds oil to the filter, so if you fill the tank every time your oil should last longer than if you add a tenner a time! lol

·
Registered
16 Posts
My 307 had the dreaded ap fault come up yesterday with the engine light and limp mode. As i need the car up and running asap i thought i'd give my local garage a go as they have been great with my previous cars.
They took it in and found the oil for the dpf was empty, after filling and clearing codes etc. (even given the outside a wash) charged me £233 which at such short notice i thought was ok.
One thing they did mention was it had a memory in the ecu of the "fuel flap micro switch" not working at some point??? It's working ok atm but could go pop at any time. Anyone else heard of this?
Apparently this switch is what activates the injection of oil into the dpf, each time you fill up it adds oil to the filter, so if you fill the tank every time your oil should last longer than if you add a tenner a time! lol
I'm certainly no expert but .. the fluid you are talking about is eoyls not oil . The engine ecu calculates when to inject it . Yes the fuel filler switch does play a part and adding more than a tenner at a time does help but its not the only factor that helps the ecu decide when to inject. I've replaced my filler cap switch ,it wasn't too hard to do and from memory was about 25 notes from my local dealer. You will find its not injected into the DPF but the diesel tank , i know because i have had my DPF off to clean it..
Also ..... as the switch has an intermittent fault it may just becoming loose out of its position , it basically wedged in place.
Good luck ...... your AP faults don't appear as severe as mine were.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry, yes bad choice of word, fluid is correct it's just from what i saw it looked a bit like very thin oil. I'm glad there is more to adding it than just opening the flap, on cars that seem to over-complicate things it did seem very basic. I've only had the car two weeks now and wish i had done more research into it before taking the plunge.

Owners clubs and forums are a great place to get info and be guided back on track when things get desperate and this one seems to be an absolute corker! :thumb:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts