Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, My 1.6 diesel 2016 is at 28,000 miles and literally just out of 3 year warranty. The EML is on display but when I take it to the dealer no faults are found after all the checks are carried out with no pressure issues or leaks. The fault code is reset but it comes back on after a few miles. This is now the third time. It drives fine. Any ideas?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your replies. No it didn’t appear until about 6-7 weeks out of warranty. I’ve also taken it to another garage but all anyone does is run the diagnostics and no faults appear on their systems.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Can you explain what the title of your post (D Nox Fault Code P20F6) means? I don't really understand it if you're not getting any fault codes.

Where are you situated? Is it the UK? (You might take this opportunity to fill in your car and personal details as well).

·
6,276 Posts
Is it a blue hdi as the fault code is related to the adblue injection

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi guys,
I'm having problem with P20F6 00 deNOx system
There is no other errors, only this one, with status temporary
Car is Peugeot 308 T9 from 2015 2.0 BlueHDi
Dealer is suggesting to run few more tests to discover what is the problem, they say it can be faulty adblue injection or faulty adblue tank.
Sounds expensive to me , what ever it is.

First time they only deleted the error, I was driving few days and it started to appear again.

Do you guys have any experience with this problem?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This sounds like the same problem as mine where the fault code keeps appearing but all the checks come up fine. Let me know if you get to the bottom of it as so far all my “solutions” are get a replacement tank which is obviously expensive. My next port of call is to ask Peugeot for a goodwill gesture as it shouldn't be failing so soon.

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
A 2015 model should have had a factory recall to replace the cap on the Adblue tank.
The original had no vent in it, so a vacuum was formed in the tank putting excess pressure on the pump.

·
Registered
4 Posts
@brilec
I think that replacements is already done, I have a new version of adblue cap with white rubber circle in the middle, i will check with them one more time.
As i can see on printed pages they need to check the system for leaks.
Operation codes:
99F05A
99F13A
99F13A
I have an appointment on wednesday, if anyone have any idea i'm open to suggestions.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just to update my situation, maybe it will help someone
After running 1,5 hour test for system leaks, adblue injector and tank was fine.
This error was caused by adblue tank cap, some idiot was using sharp tool to open the cap at some point of refilling adblue and punctured it.

Because of that damage adblue system was struggling to maintain correct pressure and causing this error.

·
Registered
978 Posts
That's good for you. I don't understand the explanation though. My understanding was that the problem is the original cap sealed too well and wouldn't allow air in to stop a vacuum building up. This vacuum then caused the pump to overwork and then burn out.

If the original cap had a small hole put in it this would solve the vacuum problem. Do you know what was punctured? When they said correct pressure did they mean releasing the vacuum?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That’s great news for you. I’ll check my cap for something similar. Thanks for posting.

·
Registered
4 Posts
That's good for you. I don't understand the explanation though. My understanding was that the problem is the original cap sealed too well and wouldn't allow air in to stop a vacuum building up. This vacuum then caused the pump to overwork and then burn out.

If the original cap had a small hole put in it this would solve the vacuum problem. Do you know what was punctured? When they said correct pressure did they mean releasing the vacuum?
Apparently it's not that simple, if the cap lets in to much air then it's not good. System needs a stable pressure to work properly.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts