Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Are there any mechanics here that know about differences in TU5JP4 cylinder head bolts?

I ordered the equivalent Elring part number 431.440 after checking on service box and getting 0204C4 part number but the bolts are around 3mm shorter than the originals. It says on the box it's for my model and year but they also have no washers with them?

Are these a revised bolt, if so do i need to install with washers because the old ones don't come off the originals?

Thanks

Steve

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
To be honest NFU engines are not prone to gasket issues so i just reuse the originals.

You are most likely just changing the head after timing belt failure anyway.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had thought of that to be honest, but have always replaced as good practice on other makes. The valve stem seals had gone and the head was dirty so decided to strip it down and clean the ports etc. All valves cleaned and re-lapped also.

The original bolts are in good condition and measure to spec, no warpage or anything, so will probably re-use. I don't fancy using the new ones because of the washer issue.
As i say the box states they are for the model but don't really want to rely on that alone.

Thanks for clearing that up for me.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts